Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kaya 31 - Get Ready For Christmas

I have always been a last minute shopper. I always say I'll do the shopping and gift wrapping early but I never get to do it. By the time December comes I still have many unchecked names on my gift list. Besides that, I like to wrap the packages and tag them with a handmade card. Sometimes on Christmas Eve I'm still rushing to get my gifts under the tree. This challenge will help me and you to get a head start on the things we need to do for Christmas.

The Challenge : I would like you to make Christmas Themed Artist Trading Cards (ATC) which can be used as a gift (they are after all mini works of art) or as a tag for a gift. An ATC is a card measuring 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. You may use any material and/or technique to embellish the card. Your embellishments may extend over the ATC but the card base size should still be maintained. Please submit a minimum of 2 ATCs to be eligible in the drawing for a RAK. This is a great way to use up all your little scraps of paper and embellishments.

The RAK consists of several sheets of Christmas themed paper, Maya Road sheer journalling tags, Tim Holtz journalling tickets, several sheets of Prima Note journalling paper and 2 sets of mini Christmas stamps from Hampton Arts.




Kaya 31 will run from today November 14 - December 20, 2009. Please submit your entries on or before 11:59 pm on December 20. The challenge run has been changed just for this month to adjust for our busy schedules this holiday season.

As an incentive for you to make more ATC's Lee has an extra RAK (she will post her RAK soon) for the person who submits the most number of entries above 8 ATCs.

4 comments:

Alby said...

Thanks for the challenge Marian! I love making ATCs. Maybe we can swap after the Kaya challenge. :D

Jona Panesa said...

alby, great idea for the swap. I enjoy making ATC's this time. loved the challenge marian!

marking said...

Hi Alby & Jona, the swap sounds good. In case we have a Christmas party we can swap there

Alby said...

Game ako sa Swap! i'm excited to make the ATCs na. :D