Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moments to Cherish

Nita says KAYA,

During the last PS EB on November 2007, Cookie had captivated all of us with her altered clock tutorial. Almost all the members who attended that day herded their way to the mall within days to hoard on wall clocks – LOL. I was one of those who immediately bought two just in case I ran out of stock due to the frenzy she had created, which isn’t far fetched considering the track record we have as scrappers :D

Sadly though, those wall clocks remained untouched for months till I had gathered enough courage to even attempt altering one for my sister-in-law. Like most of us who braved to follow Cookie’s footsteps, it seems the greatest thrill we encountered was to discover that the clock was still functioning after we had put it back together – hehehe. In fact, the joy of creating the layout for it only came in a close second. Well, at least it was for me.

So now I am down to one last clock. Thank God Cookie called on this challenge for Kaya or else it would have remained doomed in storage for more months to come. Thank you, Cookie, for this brilliant spark of inspiration. You truly are a gem to our scrapping community.



Journaling Reads: Never a moment goes by that I don’t thank God for the gift of YOU.

Materials Used: BG Perhaps pps (Beatrice & Julia); K&Co pps; Hero Arts rubber stamp (Manuscript Background); K&Co Brenda Walton embossed stickers; MM tiny alphas (Pink Ledger); American Craft glittered letter stickers (Sprinkles); Mulberry paper; Crystal blings; Cotton lace; Wall clock.

About Me: My name is Nenita Sy-Ang, but to be quite honest, I much prefer being called Nita. Somehow, hearing my maiden name being called out in full still brings back repressed memories of my teacher’s voices: “Nenita Sy, where is your homework?!” (Nita shudders) See what I mean? – hehehe. Kidding aside, I am 44-years-old. I work as an accounting manager for a manufacturing company, by day… and a family-documentary recorder, by night. Do visit me at http://www.copycatscrapper.blogspot.com to view more of my works. Hope to see you there :D

6 comments:

Joyleen Dianne Co Lim said...

Another beautiful creations by U. I love the color, ang sweet ng dating nya. So bagay with the picture of Sam. Plus the butterfly bling.. I'm sure when u hang this na, Sam will like the butterfly.Can't wait to hear a comment from Sam.

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely stunning! beautiful job with this project! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nita, Nice colorful project ! I love it!

Cookie Aguilar said...

wow i was so touched by your post... salamat talaga! and i love your clock!!! ganda!! very fairy in the garden ang dating!!! love it and your daughter is such a cutie!

CraftFairy said...

I love the pretty dainty colors your used here; the sparkling numbers...oh, and the butterfly is a unique touch. Love how your DD's face sparkles with delight! TFS.