Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sweet Little Princess

Gracie says, KAYA!

I had an unused clock in the house which was still in a box. I think my mom got it for free when she bought our water dispenser. I used Marcie's cute picture for my clock. Now it's more pleasing to look at the time because it has my little girl's cute picture. Oh the title I used for this clock is "Sweet Little Princess" coz my little girl is surely sweet & pretty as a princess. I do have another clock in our room waiting to be altered. Thanks for this great & fun challenge!




Materials:
Floral Patterned papers, stickers & chipboard by All About Scrapbooking
Sticker numbers y EK Success Stickopotamus
Inkssentials Glossy accents
White Gel Pen- Pentel
Black Marker
Yellow Beads
Brown & White Ribbons

Techniques:
-I colored the numbers with a black marker & glazed it with Inkssentials Glossy accents to give it dimension. When it was all dried up, I then drew little dots & flowers on the numbers to match my floral theme.
-Did some layering with the patterned papers
-I also glazed the sticker flowers with Glossy accents
-I used the thin white ribbon to frame the picture
-Placed yellow beads next to the numbers to serve as markers for the clock.

About ME:
I'm Gracie Ann David-Tan, currently 25 years old & turning a year older next month. A current resident of Angeles City. I'm a mommy to Marcie (now 19 months old) & a wife to my loving & very hardworking husband, Mark. I'm a lover of arts & crafts (scrapooking, card making, altered art & paper crafts). I believe that you need not spend a lot to create art. Of course I do have my splurging moments too sometimes when I go shopping for arts & crafts materials & tools. I like to invest more on useful tools. I see myself as a resourceful person. Before I throw something away I try to visualize what I can create with that item. Like the emptied formula milk cans for example, I decided to create unique gift containers with them instead of just throwing them away. You can view samples of my altered cans at this site: http://dscrapyard.multiply.com & http://dscrapyard.logspot.com for my other LOs & creations.

I'm also a lover of music & dance & chocolates of course! I'm a stay at home mom but I also co-manage our family business. We sell perfume & health & beauty products both retail & wholesale. I still dream of putting up my own arts & crafts store here in our place since we have limited sources of scrapbook supplies here. I love to cook & bake too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! she's really a sweet little princess ! Nice project !

Cookie Aguilar said...

hi gracie!!! wow cute photo and fun design of the clock!!! thansk for trying this ha!! goodluck!

-Cookie