Saturday, December 22, 2007

VILLACARLOS family

Christine says, KAYA!

I was pretty much done with my holiday cards in October, but I decided to give this challenge a try as I've never done a card with a photo before. It was fun but doubly challenging for me as I had to do it miles away from my beloved supplies, with only a hazy idea of what I wanted to do. The family and I left for Bacolod 3 days ago and I only managed to bring with me the photo I wanted to use, a cardstock, 1 set of stamps and a couple of ink pads. I forgot to bring an acrylic block so I had to use the cover of my ink pad to mount my stamps on, HAHA!!! The addition of patterned papers to my card was an after-thought. Luckily, I took some with me as I was thinking about doing a mini album while I'm on vacation =)



Sentiment:
Season's Greetings

Materials Used:
Cardstock, Patterned Papers (from a stack, from SE-PS Christmas party winnings), Inque Boutique stamps, Versa and Colorbox ink pads, Zig marker

Techniques Used:
stamping, cutwork

About ME:
Married, with 2 kids - DD 7 and DS 4, part-time lecturer on restaurant operations. I have been scrapping on and off since 1984 using non-archival safe products (because I thought the acid-free stuff around that time looked cheesy, haha). I converted to the "other side" in 2006 when I saw gorgeous acid-free papers and other supplies. I've also dabbled in other crafts such as cross-stitching and candle-making. (Learn more about Christine at cv70.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Kellybellys said...

Christine, I especially like the poinsettia on your card. You have a beautiful family. Merry christmas!

Regards,
Julie

zabeth said...

I loved your flowers and nice family pictures too.