Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Love You...[It's Easy for Me to Say]

Marissa says, Kaya!

I chose 2 songs to stitch together in this LO. I love Kool and the Gang’s Cherish, especially the part: Let’s cherish every moment we have been given, the time is passing by… This just says it all – and I want us to grab each moment, enjoy it, love it, live it, and never take it for granted.

The other song is Clint Black/Hayden Nicholas’ It’s Easy for Me to Say. I love the lyrics. Should DH, DS, and DD chance to see this blog, may this let them know that I love them more every day. I say I love you before going to bed, after every phone conversation, any time for no reason at all. Often it seems the phrase has lost its impact because it has become something we’re all used to. Parang bukang-bibig na lang. I want to remind them through this layout that even if I don’t get to say “I love you” often enough, the littlest gestures, a smile, a laugh, a subtle touch [as they walk by me in the hall, in the kitchen or anywhere else], a hug, a kiss, a back rub, a foot massage, an expression of concern or interest on how their day went by, saying “ingat” whenever they have to go somewhere, and nagging them make their doctor appointments, are a few of the million ways I say “I love you”. It’s so simple…and it’s so easy for me to say.

Journaling:

Cherish

Let’s cherish every moment we have been given, the time is passing by…
The world is always changing nothing stays the same, but love will stand the test of time… cherish the love we have, cherish the life we live, cherish…

Easy for me to say

Some won't find the words; more won't find a way. Never too often heard you know it's easy for me to say. The thing you need to hear, way more than every day, can never be too clear you know it's easy for me to say, I love you. Quiet, and loud, alone, [or] in a crowd, I love you. In a thousand little ways I'm learning to say and I learn something new every day. I love you, it's easy for me to say.It always sounds the same music to my ears, leaves nothing to explain, you know it's easy for me to hear the phrase that we all know, nothing it can't outweigh. Take it wherever we go, you know it's easy for me to say, I love you…no poet ever found a better way. You know it's easy for me to say, I love you. I'll try to say it more every day. You know it's easy for me to say.

Supplies:

Flowers by Prima; sugar coated adhesive heart chipboard by Doodlebug; felt heart brad by Doodlebug Boutique Asst; strand of pink pearls; journaling tags by Making Memories; glitter [lace] pink hearts by We R Memory Keepers; Colorbox fluid chalk orchid pastel around hearts and lime pastel on white Thickers alpha; Doodlebug Jewel Accent on the flower; Hero Arts small blings on the swirl, hearts, butterfly charm, and on the flower; canary yellow diecut borders by Doodlebug; puncher/embosser by Martha Stewart; swirl cut from K&Co’s Sparkly Sweet pack; neon green and lavender thread; Zots clear adhesive dots for 3D effect; pink, black, yellow and green (on the yellow border) acid-free pens.

Technique:

Cutting, inking, punching and sewing/stitching, which looks complicated, but not really.

About Me:

The challenger was also challenged!
It is my first time to use a lot of stitching, so I really challenged myself, too! The stitching looks complicated, but it's not really, once I tried it. Find out how I did my LO here.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa,
This is a great challenge, and how timely - for valentine's day! Very inspiring talaga. Stitch Me A Song is a very clever title.

Regards,
Julie

CHING said...

Hi Marissa,
Gorgeous Lo !I love the stitching and the layering of the elements ! Color of love too !

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Hi Marissa!I like ythe way you made a very mushy LO,the stitching is so good too. Thanks for this challenge.

Donna Espiritu said...

lovely layout and great challenge... i think sa songs ako machachallenge hahaha

Nina said...

Hi, Marissa! I've wanted to scrap this song in my head for ages. Kaya kaya? Hehe.

Love, love the challenge though and love, love your gorgeous layout. Oo nga, mukha nga kumplikado yung stitching. =)

*hugs*
Nina

marking said...

Hi Marissa, lovely LO with all the details especially the stitching!

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

galing naman po ng stitching! and oh, i love the song too... panahon ko ito eh!

CraftFairy said...

Thanks ladies. Kaya nyo ang stitching. Just pre-punch the holes and follow with needle and thread. Draw your design (like swirls) on another piece of paper and then punch holes through the drawing and your layer using a needle. Or... if you find a design you like, follow that outline.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa,
What an interesting challenge... very... erm... challenging, hee! I hope I can settle on just one (or two) songs to use! I love your LO, the stitching is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your tips!

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

hello Marissa! really striking LO with that black background. stitching does indeed look awesome! Advance Happy V Day! :)

janis said...

love everything you used here - - ganda at striking talaga ang dating. ;o) congrats on the challenge - - galing talaga!!!

Lee i. said...

love the colors and the flowers and that paisley and that stitching really looks complicated. lots of things to stare at in the LO and I love every detail.

Candy said...

Great inspirational LO, Marissa! Your stitching is so one-of-a-kind! Ganda talaga!