Thursday, February 26, 2009

A New Day Has Come

Susie says, KAYA!

It's our tradition to take a photo of our anniversaries. This was taken on our 8th and 9th year (we're on our 11th and i'm only doing this LO now). The 8th year was memorable because I was 2 months pregnant after a long battle with infertility. Celine Dion is my favorite, not really as a singer but because we did IVF at the same time. She succeeded, I failed. A New Day Has Come was her song when she had a son. The lyrics show exactly how I felt when I had a baby. The lyrics say it all.


Journaling:
I was waiting for so long
For a miracle to come
Everyone told me to be strong
Hold on and don't shed a tear

Through the darkness and good times
I knew I'd make it through
And the world thought I had it all
But I was waiting for a miracle

Let the rain come down and wash away my tears
Let it fill my soul and drown my fears
Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun
A new day has...come
Materials Used:
Daisy Ds paper, vellum, rub-ons, petals, beads, chipboard

Technique:
Layering, tearing, stiching, chalking the petals, matting

About ME:
I'm Susie, married for 11 years with 2 yrs old son, giving birth next month so i have to rush my LO before a new baby comes. Living in Hong Kong.

4 comments:

Mei Ann Guerrero said...

Hi Susie, Your LO touched me personally. I hope one day I will be able to use this LO as my inspiration when it's my turn to sing "A New Day Has Come". Hubby and I are still waiting for our own "miracle". Maybe in His time .... Cheers!

Candy said...

I feel your heartfelt gratitude. We were only naturally blessed with our one and only child after 7 years. Now, people mistake me for his grandma! Hahaha! Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.

CraftFairy said...

What a beautiful story! Love the beads on the flower; and is that ribbon you used for the stitching? Great idea! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei Ann, you'll have it in HIS time, but you have to keep on trying and never give up.

Hi Candy, same here, hirap ng humabol at tumakbo with a little one. I'm now preggy at 40!

Hi Manang Marissa, yes, it's ribbon, i don't have a thread that is sky blue in color.