Monday, May 21, 2007

Scrapbook Book Love

CH says, KAYA!

Finally trying to get out of my scrapbooking rut.

Nothing makes me happier than new scrapbook idea books. I super love looking at layouts. I think these scrapbook books are more for me to stare at pretty scrapbook pages than to actually scraplift them or be inspired to create.


Journaling Reads:
My scrapbook idea books never fail to put a huge smile on my face. The colors, artistic layouts and bright photographs only make me love this wonderful hobby more!

Materials Used:
Star brushes - downloaded from the internet; Fonts: CK Elsie, Courier New

Techniques Used:
Digital layout made in Photoshop CS2. Made the heart using the selection tool - took me quite a while.

About ME:
Ch. Fresh grad, history major. I've been scrapbooking since 7th grade (on and off, I say. Either school gets in the way, or I'm uninspired). Most of my earlier scrapbooks were gifts for friends and family. I love scrapbooking mainly because it's a mixture of all the things I love the most -- photography, paper and history. Sometimes I see layouts in my head, but usually a great photo or a funny memory inspires me to scrap. My scrap table is my bedroom floor, much to my mother's dismay. I love the look of paper scrapbooks but end up doing digital pages when I get lazy to head off to have photos developed. I'm not really too keen on the usual scrapbook techniques, my style is more just photos and paper and some random memory I want to remember forever. I'm really glad to have found a great scrapbooking community locally -- finally, people who understand me.

7 comments:

Freethinker said...

Dear, you should get out of your scrapbooking rut more often, and fast! :-) What can I say? You never fail to amaze me with your creations. Good luck sa CKU! I really believe your destiny is waiting there. And I can't wait for the CK July Issue! ;-)Great job!

Tin said...

When i logged on PS blog, the first think I saw was the LO and the first think that came to my mind was CH :-) love your style and you don't stick to the "rules" which i totally adore :-) sayang, i wasnt able to meet you during the Scrapfest next EB sana we can meet up. If this is a rut, then you should be in a rut more often. Great LO!

Jenn Valmonte said...

very great layout! you make simple layouts, yet all are strikingly beautiful!

purplesea said...

Hi Ch! hmmmmm... mukhang I have a favorite na... I really like your LO. super ganda. You're really very talented. Keep it up!

Valerie Salmon said...

CH, I love the POP to this page. The colors are vibrant and very eye-catching.

Lee i. said...

Ch, as usual, I wasn't disappointed. This is really eye-candy. Simple topic, simple execution, but wowser! I love the colros and the font. Did you buy that Elsie font? Ganda talaga. Bow na lang ako ng bow. :-)

Au Lim said...

love the colors and the font you used! iba ka talaga mag execute ng LO!