Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bubble Fun With the KiDS

Marissa says, KAYA!

Thank you, Diane, for introducing Danielle Young's kit. I just couldn't make up my mind on which material to use. I made a few LOs using the kit. I had fun combining, re-coloring, and layering several materials. I asked Lee for pictures of her kids having fun. What beautiful pictures she shared. Thanks, Lee.




Journaling:
A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly, but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. Just like these BUBBLES.
[Author Unk]

Materials Used:
Danielle Young's Spring Time Feeling Kit [thanks much, D.]
Tall Paul and Times New Roman fonts
Adobe Photoshop
Pictures from the Armchair Scrapper
Bubbles that are not originally from the pictures were made by me.

Techniques Used:
Photoshop digital techniques:
a) cutting - cut the corners of two of the background papers and used one as the folded corner of the other; cut a leaf of the flower to use in layering
b) layering - green circle background layered with leaves and flowers; green ribbon layered with flowers; fun and funky buttons layered with flowers
b) opacity - changed the opacity of the flowers to blend with the ribbon, paper, and buttons
c) re-coloring - changed the color of the ribbons, the flowers
d) shadows used on everything to give depth and dimension
e) extracting - extracted the KiDS from one of the pictures
f) embossing - embossed the buttons, title, the extracted pictures, the bubbles I made

3-2-1, Funky Fun


Can't resist posting another one. What a fun kit!




About Me:
I've been digi-scrapping since 2004. I am still discovering lots of techniques and I don't think I've even scratched the surface yet. I would like to learn to make my own kits some day. But right now, lots of pictures are waiting to be made into traditional and/or digital layouts.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Marissa! Ang ganda nitong mga LOs mo!!! I love the cropping and the layering! I specially love that bubble thing. ang cute! Hindi ko alam pano gumawa nyan. hihihihi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa, what fun LO's. Love the bubbles!
Marian

Alby said...

Ang ganda Marissa! I love the photo of the kids sitting on the frame! I've got to try that!

CraftFairy said...

Thanks ladies! The bubble thing is just a round marquee on a new layer, fill up with white, then opaque it as much as possible, drop shadow and emboss. It's a colorless opaque brad - hehe.

Anonymous said...

hi marissa galing ng kids sitting on the frame! astig :)

Tin said...

all i can say is wow! galing marissa! lalo na the kiddies sitting on the frame, with virtual bubbly goodness! great work!

cabbie lopez said...

hi marissa. ganda ng timing ng pics and the paper kit diba.. and you made it so right!i love the folding on your layout!

zabeth said...

Dear Marissa,

I loved the folding on your layot and want to learned how to do it.

I loved also the pictures sitting on the frame that pictures eye-catches me.

CraftFairy said...

Thank you for your heart-warming comments. You'll find tutorial in my blog at http://craftfairy1.multiply.com/. Pasensya na po sa kalat or kawalan ng kalat sa aking blog. I've terribly neglected it.

Donna Espiritu said...

ang galing ng layouts mo ate marissa! :) super cool techniques!

Benga said...

hi Ms Marissa! as always your LOs are full of fun! super cool on using the frame!

CraftFairy said...

Thank you naman. I really love this challenge - daming fresh ideas. Mahusay tayong lahat, hahah!

Tes Tirol said...

love the extraction you did, sa totoo lang di ko pa nagawa yan ever, I need to try that one day pag sinipag ako he he he :)