Friday, July 25, 2008

The Way He Was, The Way He is Now

Ching says, KAYA!

I need to learn to accept that this is part of my son’s “Growing Up”! Letting go of the old ways of my son’s childhood is allowing him to grow-up and prepare for whatever the future holds for him.


Journaling Reads:
I love my child. For so many years he was small, dependent, vulnerable, but full of wonder and curiosity about the world. Now, as a teenager, he exhibits a sense of independence and refuses to accept any suggestions I may make. The current
experience is vastly different from what I remember in years gone by, but hopefully
this stage will pass quickly.

Materials Used:
K&Comp. - Basic Grey pattern paper, Chipboard letters and embellishments, DCWV Cardstock & Pattern paper, Memory Makers brads and ribbons, Sizzix die-cut letters
Fiskars - heart border punch & paper hole punch, Adhesives squares & glue.

Techniques:
Layering, Mounting, Punching, Die-cutting, Journaling

About ME:
Ching, a stay at home mom to a 15 years old son and married to a wonderful man. We live on the Southeast coast of USA. I started scrapbooking in 2004, but like most, I have more supplies than pages, done. I eagerly began scrapping again when I joined the Pinoy Scrapbookers group in January, 2008 and quickly did some albums of layouts for my family. I love to make double layouts with 2 to 4 photos each.

3 comments:

Tin said...

Hi ching!goodness, my son is 7-years old and i'm sure i'm going to go through the growing pains as well. I especially loved how you did your title, with emphasis on the past and present :-) thanks for joining Kaya 15 :-)

Tin

Lee i. said...

Hi ching, love your LO, specially the borders! At ang gwapo ng anak mo ha. Dapat talaga mag-worry ka. Hehehe. Seriously, I'm sure you're raising a good son so you should be proud of yourself and not worry too much. Love your version of the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tin and Lee, I appreciate you're liking and commenting favorable on my layout!