Thursday, July 23, 2009

100 Years

Timi says, KAYA!

It's UP Los Banos centennial year! I have spent 21 years of my life in this institution as a student and a teacher. Whenever I see the UPLB Centennial logo (it's located near UP Gate, the main entrance to the UPLB campus), there's this small voice telling that I should have my photo taken with the logo as background. This logo was installed there last year but it was only last June when I got the chance to pose for some photos. Thanks to Issa who took my photos.

Here's my take:



Materials used:Cosmo Cricket pp's, journaling tags and die cuts, American Crafts Thickers, Creative Imagination and 7 Gypsies sticker, MM tiny alphas, tree chipboard, clear buttons, stamped transparency, ribbon and trim, flower and leaf

Techniques used: paper tearing, stamping and distressing

Journaling: University of the Philippines Los Banos is celebrating its centennial year this 2009. Of these 100 years, I spent 21 years of my life in this institution, as an undergraduate (1988-1992) and graduate student (1994-2001) and as an employee (1993-present). This year a lucky one for me. I co-authored a book on organic rice production and got promoted from Asst Prof 4 to Asst Prof 7. I'm so thankful!

About Me:

An ocassional scrapbooker from 2000 to 2002, became a scrapaholic in 2003 and is here to stay...scrapaholic forever.

2 comments:

Roxannee said...

It's a tribute isn't it? I would be so proud as you if I happen to be in your position. The distressed look is great. Absolutely wonderful job!

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

can truly relate to the feeling of nostalgia. makes me miss my alma mater tuloy! as always, you make amazing layouts. love the floral ribbon!