Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My ROCK

Roxannee says, KAYA!

I'm so flattered to be this month's challenger. I love alphabets and I thought that we have to relax a little bit on scrapping photographs of ourselves & our loved ones. Let's make it a little bit different this time. Let's get to know you more with the help of your "ThiNgS". I have to confess that I did not expect to be challenged myself! (di ba, Ms.Lee?)Now here's my take:

This is my important thing at the moment. A little notebook that hubby gave me last year. Left lying around for quite a while until one day in October 2008, when I felt so powerless and useless because problems & trials kept on coming, hubby said something that never left my mind. "You cannot stop the rain from falling. You can only cover yourself from getting wet." I thought that was wonderful so I wrote it down. The rest is history. A notebook from a special person who said words that started something even more special- a whole new thing to read each day. I still need it, I'm still recovering.

Journaling:
This tiny notebook from Ron is a great source of strength. It has remarkable quotes, affirmations and prayers that help keep me going each day. It's my rock. 30 June 2009.

Materials used:
DCWV cardstock (Nana's Nursery and Green Stack); assorted alphabets from Craft Market, crate paper and unknown; small Prima flowers, unknown white flower, clock embellishment from craft fair, scrap patterned papers; photo turners, silver brads, assorted buttons, DMC white thread, MM Journal stamp, Brilliance ink in black & sky blue; Kaiser clear stamp (Seals), Inque boutique flourish stamp, paper clip, foam adhesive, dragonfly embellishment, white & green cardstock; stabilo pen, date stamp.

Techniques used:
stamping, stitching of buttons, dry embossing with Cuttlebug Folder (flourishes), precision cutting

About ME:

Hi I'm Roxannee. I'm inviting you to join this month's Kaya! challenge. I am still getting there - growing towards a stronger and more resilient individual. You can visit my blog here .

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I promise myself I will get back to scrapbooking this month. I will join this challenge, and I already know that thing that is most important to me now.

bjay said...

hey, rox! what a well thought challenge, kapatid!

there's a batch of photos that was supposed to be for my idol week 1... but I deferred. so yun ang gagamitin ko for your challenge instead.

at sana unlike kaya 26, wag ako magkamali sa pag-email. haay, I am officially a buzzer beater - BAAAD.

Lee i. said...

love your layout, and the subject. who would have thought? great take on your own challenge. :-)

Alby said...

Nice challenge Roxanee. And I love your take on it. I already know that important thing. I will have to take a photo and work on it this weekend. :D