Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bedmate

Val says KAYA!



Journaling:
Marney is my favorite among my stuffed toys. He's the only one allowed to sleep beside me every night. The first time I saw him, I thought he was gay because of the pink scarf around his neck. It turns out that the scarf is a tie bend sideways. Still, he will always be my own little homo-monkey. =)

Techniques Used:
I layered different papers from AAS and Craft Express. For the title, I used a matchstick to create the words "bed" with acrylic paint and stickers for the word "mate". For the big letter M, I used glitter to make it stand out even more. I used ribbons to border my journaling.

About ME:
I am Valerie Cacanindin and I started scrapbooking early this year. It's a great way for me to not only document the important events of my life but to also find my inner creative self.

3 comments:

Cathy Bautista said...

buti naman sinubmit mo na! nice to see ur work here. welcome! ΓΌ post ka na lagi ha!

Roxannee said...

Hi Val!! This is your first Kaya entry isn't it? Well done! Marney is very cute and he really deserves to be your scrapbooking subject! I like the colors you've used here, the matchstick painting technique is really innovative! Very original. Thanks for joining!

Valerie said...

Yup! I got to submit it on the last day dahil hesitant ako. Thanks Cathy for the push! =)

Hi Roxannee! Yup, it's my first time to join and I am actually glad that I did submit my LO. This is a nice challenge and this is also my first LO w/ and inanimate object as a subject. =)