Monday, July 13, 2009

The Blue Bike

Lee says, KAYA!

When Roxannee's challenge called for an important thing, I mentally reviewed and rejected many of the things that make life more convenient like television, computers, mobile phones, etc. I wanted to come up with a layout that showcased the thing that was significant to me, right at this moment.

This blue bike was gifted to me by my husband, who became a biking afficionado practically overnight. He wanted me to be part of his new hobby so he got this bike (when what I was asking for was a new camera - but that's another story.)




Journaling Reads:
DH bought me this bike so we can share a hobby. I'm glad that after 12 years of marriage, he still wants us to do things together. I'm not a confident biker and I try his patience but we still have fun and keep fit together. (5/1/2009)

I used to have a red bike in the 1980s. I rode it at the athletic field in front of our house. I loved the speed and the wind in my hair. Now, on my blue bike, I feel like a kid again.

Blue bike = P3,075.00
Dinner at Shopping Center = P250.00
Biking in U.P. = free and priceless!

Materials Used:
PPS - Basic Grey, Crate; Chipboards - Colorbok, Basic Grey, American Crafts, Scenic Route; Paint - Making Memories, Ranger, Pebbles Inc.; Stamping Ink - Colorbox; Stickers - Gypsies, Crate; Rubons - Crate; Ribbon - Unknown; Pen - Sakura; Adhesives - Saunders, Darice.

Techniques:
Inking edges and tearing. Since I used two photos (one past, one present), I was compelled to write two journals. One for the old photo and one for the new one. I linked them up visually with a sticker. (I actually wrote a longer journaling. See how I did it at my blog.)

About ME:
I am wife to a most supportive husband for 12 years now, mom to 3 KiDS, been a SAHM and scrapper for 3 years, and now a student of public administration in U.P. I am really trying hard to concentrate on the lectures and discussions in class, but more often than not, I find myself making scrapbooks in my head. I hope this is just a phase or I will never hear the end of it from my husband. Please drop by at my blog for other layouts. Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Mia Castrillo said...

That matching bicycle paper is perfect for your layout! Love your letters and overall feel of this page. :D

Roxannee said...

Wow I love everything about this LO! I like the way you've used the number 3s. The pp is perfect too. And of course the story behind the picture says everything. Thanks for playing along Ms Lee!

Alby said...

Wow ang aga mo nag-submit. Love your layout lee! I love the story behind the photos and also how you painted the word Blue with different shades of blue.

I will make my entry this weekend. :D

Jenn said...

Ako di talaga natuto mag bike... ang cute ng patterned paper, may mga bike talaga!

bjay said...

really nice! I love the reminiscing part of it. at ang aga mo nag-submit! galeng :)

Barbie said...

That's such a touching page, Lee! Ang sweet nga ng hubby mo, finding things for you to do together. :)

I love the road sign, by the way. Did it come like that or did you distress it?

Lee i. said...

Thanks, ladies. I bought that paper cause I had a plan for a bike LO for my son. Never thought I'd end up using it. Hahaha. Barbie, the road sign is really like that. It's from Crate - one of Roxannee's prizes for this challenge.

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

yup galing ng bike patterned paper! and the story behind your favorite THING! wish i knew how to bike...my balance just sucks. the only bike i rode was a stationary bike sa gym! hehehe