Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To Ariel, aged 39, to be opened on the day you become a dad

Alby says, KAYA!

Photo-finish! I made this layout in record time - 30 minutes!!! Anyway, this layout, no matter how quick to put together, means so much to me. It's not just because I love the photo here, but also because of the theme. I debated a bit on what to write in my letter. It's a bit personal so I compromised by sharing the stuff I feel comfortable making public. The rest, I will just write in a separate letter.


Hidden Journaling:
Dearest Ariel,

Congratulations! You're a dad now. Today, the Lord answered our prayers after a long wait. I am thrilled to be taking this journey of parenthood with you. I'm sure our relationship will change somehow, and I know it could only be better. While I know that there will be challenges ahead, I am sure we can face them together with the help and guidance of our Lord. I love you very much, even more now that you are the father or my child. Let us continue to nurture our relationship (and keep our promise of spending a week away each year - just the two of us) because a strong marriage is one of the best gifts we can give our child. I love you honey!

Love,
Alby

Supplies Used:
PPS - Webster's Pages Sweet Charity Collection Serendipity; Flowers - Prima; Buttons - Autumn Leaves; Velvet Stickers and Vinyl Shapes - American Crafts; Rub-Ons - Fancy Pants Write Now; Journaling Papers - Prima Pasties Sticky Notes; Others - Flower bling, lace (all from the Feb Kit of Studio Azul)

Other Supplies: Prima Super Fabulous Journaling Squares (used for the well-hidden letter)


Techniques Used:
I just layered everything together using glue dots, stapler, and photo adhesives. The most difficult thing I did here are sticking those velvet stickers (the adhesive won't hold!), and the rub-ons (they wont stick!). :D


About Me:
Hi I'm Alby! I'm married to Ariel. Been scrapping since 2005 but only got to know about acid-free scrapping since last year. I love scrapping because it helps me showcase my photos creatively. It is my stress buster and my "me time". You may see some of my work at my blog.

3 comments:

Lee i. said...

Hey Alby, like I said yesterday, a 30 minute LO is an impossibility for me, but you really pulled this one of. I like the simplicity of the embellies cause the focus is really on your lovely photo. I pray Ariel gets to read this letter very very soon. You both will make cool parents.

Donna Espiritu said...

wow great job alby! ganda for a 30min layout ha! :)

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

Hi alby! I'm so happy for you and your hubby, best of health on your pregnancy... and great layout!