Monday, April 28, 2008

To: Sophia 20 Mos.To be read when you are no longer dependent on yaya and stroller.

Marian says, KAYA!

I love being with my granddaughter but at this stage it is quite difficult bringing her around. I am not used to having a yaya following wherever we go. I can't carry her for long stretches of time but I find the stroller inconvenient buckling in and unbuckling every now and then.



Hidden Journaling:
Dearest Sophia, Today we start to be constant companions. Your mommy brings you to school, but since she has to go to work, I will be picking you up at dismissal time. For the first few years, that time will be right smack in the middle of the morning. This means you'll have to come along with me to the office in San Juan. This is how it was when your mommy and Tita Kate were growing up.

I want you to know that I will spend a lot of time with you. I will spoil you with my time and company rather than with material things. I hope you enjoy the things I do like taking pictures, scrapbooking and anything arts and crafts. I will take you to activities that interest you.I hope you'll want to take dance, music, art and acting classes to keep you busy. I have been looking forward to this day and it has arrived.

Love,
Lola

Materials:
DCWV textured cardstock, Basic Grey Two Scoops Butter Pecan and Cupid's Arrow patterned paper, element stickers and alphabet stickers, Basic Grey bare chipboard "S"; buttons from my stash, Love Elsie ribbon, Steadler Triplus brown pen, Colorbox Ink, UTEE

Techniques:
layered CS, PP and stickers. Cut a 3 fold heart card using a Coluzzle template, hand cut a heart pocket for the card. Inked and UTEE embossed the S chipboard.


About ME:
I have always loved doing arts and crafts. I used to make macrame belts, paper mache, hair accessories, cross stitch, candles, beaded accessories and Christmas decor. My current favorites are card making, stamping and scrapbooking. I think these 3 are intertwined with each other. I do believe these will be lifelong hobbies as there will always be friends to get in touch with, pictures to document and stories to tell. I am learning to use Photoshop Elements by reading on-line tips and tutorials and trying to do what I read. I hope to become a good photographer through the classes I just started recently.

3 comments:

Lee i. said...

Hi Marian, I still remember the day when I had to walk around pushing my KiDS in strollers so I can definitely relate to this. Although sometimes I wish they were still tied to their strollers especially when I have to run after them in crowded places. As usual, love your LO and the heart is a great idea.

Donna Espiritu said...

wow ms marian! sophia is so lucky to have you as her grandma :) this is such a sweet and beautiful layout!

CraftFairy said...

Congratulations, Marian! This is truly a beautiful LO and journaling. TFS.