Saturday, June 23, 2007

Water Baby

Raissa says, KAYA!

This layout is very simple. Although the LO was easy to do, I had a hard time with this challenge. It was the conceptualization that really got me.


Journaling:
You were initially fearful of the pool, but once you saw the other kids playing, you plunged right in and forgot about your fear.

Live daringly, boldly and fearlessly. - Henry Kaiser

Materials Used:
Bazzill CS, acrylic paint and Carl Craft punch.

Techniques:
Roller brushed paint on the cardstock. Used star craft punch for the border. The green stars were torn from green cardstock and matted in black CS. Used paper puncher to put green dots on the title.

About ME:
I'm Raissa, a 29 year-old single, who's probably the only person here in Vigan hooked to this hobby. I got into scrapbooking when I chanced upon old scrapbook magazines in a book sale. I just started last November 2006 but has been hooked ever since. Even if I'm fairly new to this craft, I believe that joining challenges will help develop my skills. Furthermore, scrapping to me is a great stress buster and a good outlet for creativity, so win or lose, I SCRAP. I'm also into tennis, photography, nature trips and swimming and I'm trying to learn digital scrapbooking and card making too. I hope that one day i will be able to influence more people here to join me in this wonderful hobby. (Learn more about Raissa at www.purplesea-lookingforanswers.blogspot.com.)

2 comments:

Nita Ang said...

It's nice to see that you did a traditional LO this time. And I couldn't agree with you more, this challenge left me blank for days, too. But eventually, like yours, when the concept came together it was pretty fast to finish. You have to agree with me though, wasn't it a relief to get it done? To have overcome our inhibition and met the challenge. Sarap, di ba? :D

Lee i. said...

Ganda pala ng effect ng punchers for borders, as well as adding dots to the title. Simple lang, pero ganda ng effect. It gave the title life and movement.