Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two Big

Mia says, KAYA!

I too missed the deadline for the last Kaya Challenge! And to think I kept on bugging Lee about the requirements! (If you want to check out the layout I made for the last challenge, you can find it in my blog. The layout is entitled Almost.)

So I'm making sure I don't miss the deadline this time. My layout is about my Alyssa trying on Daddy's big shoes. She is such a cutie --- always amusing us with her antics and expressions! I thought that the papers from Studio Azul's April kit matched perfectly with Alyssa's dress! I loved it! I also used Sketch #82 from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch blog.


Journaling:
You never cease to amuse us! On this day, you just decided to wear Daddy's big boots. You are so adorable! Alyssa at 17 months.

Materials Used:
Mostly from Studio Azul April Kit
2 cardstocks - Bazzil and Sizzix
2 patterned papers - both from Rusty Pickle
2 buttons
2 ribbons
2 brads - AAS
2 journaling papers - Making Memories
2 flowers - Prima
2 pictures
2 words on the title
2 alphas - AAS and Prima Foil
2 colors of pens - both Staedler

About ME:
I am in my mid-thirties, married to my bestfriend, Mier, for 8 years and blessed with three beautiful princesses, Nadine (age 7), Raya (age 5) and Alyssa (1 year). I have been fixing my photos since high school but got really serious (as in using acid free materials) in 2004 after my 2nd daughter was born. Since then I've been hooked! Took a break in 2007 when I had a difficult pregnancy with my 3rd baby but I'm now back and more addicted than ever! I believe the heart of my layouts is my journaling. I scrapbook to share myself and my stories to my children.