Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two by Two

Barbie says, KAYA!


Hay, Kaya, what would I do without you? I love that you make us think outside the box and try things outside of our comfort zone, making us experiment and discover things that we wouldn’t ordinarily come across. :)


This was a pic from my college classmate’s last Christmas get-together, and without intending to, we all look so “paired”. I thought it would be a great “two” picture! Went a bit crazy with the “two” theme – using 2 of the word ‘two’ and even making 2 sizes of holes for a border (love that Crop-a-dile!)


Walang prompt yang pic na yan, we didn’t know we were all so “couple-y” until we saw the image in the camera. I think it’s a neat way to capture the moment when we all realized “Oh, my god, we’ve grown up.”




Journaling:

Two by Two

HC SSC 1999, Bay Laguna 2008

Our Christmas gatherings used to be “no partners” until we all had partners who were more or less permanent. Now, gatherings are family affairs, with people showing up in pairs… soon, kids!


Materials used:

2 plain generic cardstock: photo mat and journaling mat

2 K&Co patterned cardstock: red wave and main mat

2 colors of chalk (Chalklets) on journaling block

2 types of chipboard letters – AC Thickers and ProvoCraft Alphaletterz

2 colors of ink for distressing : one for the photo mat, and the other for the edges of the wave

2 sets of alphabet stamps: Autumn Leaves Stampology (“by”) and EK Success Image Tree Antique Alphabet (subtitle)

2 Really Big Brads



About me: I wanted to use blue in this layout, but my artistic director said NO. So I'm giving credit where credit is due - here's a photo of my AD, who chewed up the corners of my entire stash of blue patterned paper while I was not looking. :( His assistant, not shown in pic, was working on my pinks when I caught them.


Me, I'm just a happy scrapper.

No comments: