Thursday, July 5, 2007

10 Random Facts

Sheryl says, KAYA!

Inspired by the popular TAG game bloggers play nowadays, I decided to scrap my blog entry on the subject. I made a few revisions and added three more from the original web version of seven, thus giving everyone else three more reasons to know me better.

Journaling Reads:
It's too long. Please enlarge the LO to read the journaling.

Materials Used:
CS/PPS: Prima Papers "Just Us" collection; Clear Stamps: Fancy Pants Chic Alpha; Autumn Leaves Elegant Flourishes; Autumn Leaves Journaling Stamps; MM Foam Stamps (Gabby) :Colorbox Pigment Ink Paintbox; Ancient Page Dye InkPad (Aegean Blue); Lil Davis Glitter Glaze (Silver); MM Acryclic Paint (Childhood: Red Wagon); Creative Memories Round Tip (Silver)/Fine TIP Mettalic (green & orange)/Bright Fine Tip (purple)

Techniques Used:
Cut pattern paper into wavy pattern; ink edges with Ancient Page Inkpad (aegean blue), adhere to page; adhere photo in place. Next, stamp journaling stamp as shown on page; stamp title using Fancy Pants Chic alpha clear stamps; useblack Colorbox pigment ink for title "random facts"; use MM foam stamp for figure no. 10 with MM acrylic paint; apply MM acrylic paint around photo; also stamp edges with AL elegant flourishes design; some doodling and lots of handwritten journaling.

About ME:

Am a working mom who just realized I will never be a domestic goddess and happy about the fact. :-) Mama to Lilaa and Maia, wife to my one big love. Rekindled my love affair with Scrapbooking in May 2006, this time using acid-free/lignin-free/PVC-free materials and is quite obssessed about it. I love the freedom of creation that scrapbooking brings. It allows creative license and at the same time, it affords me to record, in a very creative and delightful manner, my family's memories to last more than a lifetime. I also c0-own and co-manage an online bookstore Bookoto.com with a good friend and kababayan Julie Kelly who is also a member of Pinoy Scrapbookers.

14 comments:

Tin said...

Aba, aba!!! Back to scrapping ka ulit Sheryl! Akala ko naman magpapahinga ka muna :-) And take note, talagang binasa ko journaling mo (chismosa ba hehe :-) The photo was the focal point, pero the way you incorporated stamping and journaling as your background was truly ingenious :-) pa scraplift ha! TFS!!!

Freethinker said...

Hi Tin! Yep, supposed to be resting pa but apparently not from scrapping or scrap-shopping hihihi. I was scrap-free for two weeks and i got scary (kinda reminded me of your profile photo from Kaya2 :-)) Truth to tell, scrapping is one mighty stres-buster, amid midnight feedings and nappy changes and taking care of two babies. Am just glad to be able to scrap and afford it. If all else fails, 30rock will do the trick hehehe
Thanks for the compliment. Sure, scraplift away! :-)

cabbie lopez said...

hi sheryl. inspired talaga ha. i love the way you do with the curvy style!!!i also love the colors and galing ng idea of the 10 facts all over your layout. wow!!!

Freethinker said...

Thanks Jane! :-) Hope to see you soon. :-)

Nina said...

Sheryl, ako din! Binasa ko yung ten things about you kasi tsismosa din ako. Hehe.

I love the flurry of About Me sa mga blogs lately kasi, di ba, we usually never get to talk much not related to scrapbooking. Hehe.

And I say, go for it. If becoming a lawyer is in your heart, it's never too late. My mom's friend studied law when she had a full-grown adult daughter. =)

Anyway, love the mala-Ali E. simple yet very effective impact of your layout and the stamping of course! Hay, bakit kaya hindi ko kaya gumawa ng simple layout.

Nina

Freethinker said...

Hi Nina, Thanks for the nice comment. :-) Thing is, I can't go anymore complicated than what my usual layout finishes. I don't have an eye for complex yet effective LOS, yung tipong madaming elements but after everything, the LO still looks so put-together? Time is also a factor. Right now, am pretty happy with my 'creations' and it's a bonus that others like it too. Thanks again.
You're making waves with your LOs too! :-) More power!

Christine said...

Sheryl, I love what you did with this page! :) Great journaling, and your photo is so lovely!

Anonymous said...

Sheryl, you've inspired me to make an LO about myself! Kaso lang shy ako to tell the world about my quirks. (the rich call it eccentricities, har-har) Great job!

Freethinker said...

Hi Christine, Thanks for the comment and for tagging me hihihi Didn't realize I would make it into an LO until the Kaya call. See, inspiration is really all around us. :-)

Maybs, sure make one. You don't have to post it online if you're shy hihihi You can email me privately na lang hihihi

Thanks for the nice words. :-)

Lei said...

awesome page! its nice way for us to get to know you

Au Lim said...

nice idea to make one of these tags into and LO! magaya nga...hehehe...and what a nice way to put those journaling stamps to good use. :-D

Freethinker said...

Thanks Leira and Au! Yeah, I had fun doing this page. Au, i wish i can say the same thing with my other stamps hehehe

CraftFairy said...

Very nice LO. I love how clean and soothing it looks despite all the stamping you made. Great story-page!

Freethinker said...

Thanks Craftfairy. I like your description of 'soothing'. :-) Like it very much.