Tuesday, July 10, 2007

One Fine Day

Christine says, KAYA!

I would like to think that I am so into stamping these days, lol!, and couldn't wait to get to work on this challenge using several of my new stamp acquisitions =)

This page was inspired by one I saw in CK. I don't feel quite satisfied with how this page turned out.... but I guess I'll have to be content with it for now (read: no time to scrap, lol!)


Journaling:
It was the summer of 2007. Unfortunately, we were without any househelp and I didn't want the 2 of you out of my sight. As I was going about my chores, I chanced upon the both of you entertaining yourselves, blowing bubbles and watching as they were blown away, out of your reach, by the gentle breeze.

Materials Used:
CS: Bazzill; STAMPS: Stampin' Up, TT, Fontwerks; PEN: Zig, INK PADS: Versa, Brilliance, Stampin' Up

Techniques Used:
stamping

About Me:
Married, with 2 kids - DD 7 and DS 4, part-time lecturer on restaurant operations. I have been scrapping on and off since 1984 using non-archival safe products (because I thought the acid-free stuff around that time looked cheesy, haha). I converted to the "other side" in 2006 when I saw gorgeous acid-free papers and other supplies. I've also dabbled in other crafts such as cross-stitching and candle-making. (Learn more about Christine at cv70.blogspot.com)

15 comments:

cabbie lopez said...

hi christine, i love your stamping and stamps here ha. you balanced everything from the design to the layout itself. simplicity made this layout elegant!

Alby said...

Hi Christine! Don't why you aren't satisfied with your work. I definitely am! Love the simplicity of it. Love the stamps!!! And the border, is that hand-written? Great work!

Nita Ang said...

You're not satisfied w/ this LO? (Lemme say it again coz I couldn't believe it) You're not satisfied w/ this LO?! Get out of here :D Naloloka na ako sa LO mo eto at di ka pa kuntento. Either sobrang taas ang standard mo o saksakan lang ako ng babaw kasi gumugulong na ako with envy on this one. Strength mo talaga ang ganitong simple scrapbooking. Ang lakas ng dating sa akin. I love the crispness of the white and the collage is di pilit. Everything is just right. Iwan na ako ng muse ko pag di ako nagsasabi ng totoo sa iyo... I love your work :D

Nita Ang said...

You're not satisfied w/ this LO? (Lemme say it again coz I couldn't believe it) You're not satisfied w/ this LO?! Get out of here :D Naloloka na ako sa LO mo eto at di ka pa kuntento. Either sobrang taas ang standard mo o saksakan lang ako ng babaw kasi gumugulong na ako with envy on this one. Strength mo talaga ang ganitong simple scrapbooking. Ang lakas ng dating sa akin. I love the crispness of the white and the collage is di pilit. Everything is just right. Iwan na ako ng muse ko pag di ako nagsasabi ng totoo sa iyo... I love your work :D

Nita Ang said...

Tignan mo na, sa sobrang gigil ko to post my comment, I mistakenly pushed the publish button twice - Hahaha!

Lee i. said...

Christine, I am loving your no-fuss but high-impact style. This is great work and yet you're not quite satisfied? You should see my LOs and you will immeduately feel the utmost satisfaction with this work. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Christine, this is lovely! I really love your style. And not to mention the wonderful stamps! Congratulations!

Freethinker said...

Hi Christine, Once again, been meaning to do a journaling frame/border like this one but I always forget. Thanks for the 'reminder'. Great work! I love it!

Christine said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments, ladies :) I just feel kasi that there's something missing from this LO somewhere... :)

Tin said...

Hi Christine! Very nice LO, and I just can't "see" why you think may kulang pa. Alam mo naman tayong mga scrap addicts, hindi makuntento kung minsan hehe :-) But i always loved your style, simple and as Lee says, no-fuss but high-impact :-) TFS!

-Tin

Lei said...

this is just awesome ! Love all the little details

symbelly said...

i like this. this is a lovely layout.

Au Lim said...

iba ka talaga bumanat! simple pero ang galing!

Nina said...

Agree ako kay Nita and Au. Talagang hindi ka pa happy nito sa lagay na ito? Hehe.

Love all those round stamps! And, hanep talaga sa journaling.

Love how simple and always memorable mga layout mo! =)

Nina

CraftFairy said...

I love clean and simple. With yours, you added art and elegance.