Friday, July 6, 2007

Why Did You Grow Up So Fast

Maybs says, KAYA!

A mother’s lament: “Why did you grow up so fast?” My son and I actually have this ongoing dialogue about why he’s growing up too fast and who says that he could do so. He would catch on and just say, “I’m not a baby anymore… My yaya said I should grow up." Or even, "I’m big na.”

I took this picture of my DS on his first day of classes this school year. He’s grown to be quite independent and insisted on putting on his own shoes.


Materials Used:
CS: DCWV Old World
PP: 7 Gypsies Paper, Creative Imagination
Stamps: Fancy Pants Bella Brush Acrylic Stamps; MM Mixed Font Foam Stamps
Others: Embossing powder; Color Box Ink; 7Gypsies Buckle; miscellaneous ribbon and lace

Techniques Used:
Stamping and embossing, paper tearing; handcutting

Credits for Picture Details:
Wings from Scrappy Pony Designs; Angie Briggs Choccover Cornerstamp

About ME:
I’m a SAHM. I retired in 2000 after slaving it out in the corporate world for 16 (fruitful) years. Used to be a badminton freak. After discovering scrapbooking in 2005, I quickly traded my racket for a pair of scissors. I started out as a digiscrapper and am basically self-taught in Photoshop CS2. Am mainly into paper scrapping now and trying to “create stories” as much as possible. I try to create layouts to capture everyday life so that when I grow old I’ll have these stories to keep me occupied.

12 comments:

Lee i. said...

Maybs, I really like the simplicity of the execution of your LO, and your heart-felt journaling. True, what mother doesn't feel that way? Like what you did to the text PPS too. Yung script stamp, is that Fancy Pants also?

Nina said...

Maybs!! I love this layout! Super love ko ang mga wings. Hehe.

And I totally agree with Lee. Super love the journaling too.

Nina

symbelly said...

i love the wings.

and the rest of the stamps too.

so pretty, your layout is

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Lee, Nina & Symbelly! Yes, the script stamp is part of the Fancy Pants Bella Brush Set.

Christine said...

Maybs, this is such a gorgeous page! Love it!

supermomcabbiejane said...

hi maybs, your layouts always spells uniqueness and stylish. i love your stamping and the newspaper tearings!!!

Nita Ang said...

(Nita namimilipit sa inggit) Ang ganda nito sistah... did anybody tell you na professional na professional na ang dating ng LO mo. This is the sort of LO I would expect to see in a magazine or published in a book. Simple ang elements kung titignan pero hanep sa dating. I love how you put things together... I'm definitely an instant fan.

Anonymous said...

Thanks christine, cabbie & nita!! I'm blushing!

Freethinker said...

Maybs, I feel your sentiment. Feel the same way about Lilaa, they grow up so fast, for us anyway. How we wish they'd remain as babies forever. pero sabi nga parenting is about letting go, all the time. Sigh. Love how all the elements go together in this page, your sentiments are definitely echoed in this layout. Great work!

Nina said...

Hi, Maybs dear! Dito ko na lang sasagutin question mo ha. Yung stuff ko, I got some vintage photos and stuff sa antique shops in Megamall. Tapos nung nag-abroad si husband, he got me some old stamps and postcards. Most of my stuff, like images, I get off the Net. =)

Nina

Lei said...

Maybs sobra ko talaga na feel ang LO mo kasi i feel the same way about my son. i love the angel's wing.. Such an AMAZING and creative page!!

Au Lim said...

Love, love, love this! panalo ang wings! classy LO!