Friday, July 13, 2007

Simply Because

Nita says, KAYA!

After seeing all the beautiful entries of the talented members of PS, I must admit I was intimidated. I almost did not want to submit any entry because for almost 2 weeks I felt an anxiety attack creeping in. LOL. Eventually, I remembered our motto and told myself I shouldn't be competiting with anybody else but myself. This blog was initially conceptualized to motivate ourselves to overcome our barriers and allow us to spread our wings. Using Becky Fleck's June 2006 Page Map sketch, below is my attempt to overcome my fear of stamping. I hope you like it.


Journaling Reads:
This picture is begging to be scrapped simply because you looked adorable in it.

Materials Used:
Daisy D's Playground Plaid and Sidewalk Chalk Plaid pps; Heidi Swapp Hibiscus foam stamp; Memory Makers Magnetic Stamp (Rummage); Craft Express chipboard alphabet; Imaginations Camp Grandma stickers.

Other Materials:
Simply Scrappy Circle Template; Acrylic paint; Pigment Ink; Embossing powder; Ribbons; Colored staple wire.

Techniques:
1. Cut out the scalloped edge using the smallest circle in Simply Scrappy's circle template.
2. Lightly pencil a circle outline and use it as a guide for foam stamping the hibiscus flowers using acrylic paint. Then attach the picture w/c was outlined w/ white acrylic paint and stamp the corner w/ more hibiscus flowers.
3. Paint the chipboard alphabet with lavender acylic paint. Let it dry and attach w/ liquid glue to the page.
4. Use alphabet stickers to spell out the sub-title.
5. Use pigment ink and alphabet rubber stamp for the journaling. Then sprinkle w/ embossing powder and set w/ heat gun.
6. For the finishing touch, attach 3 different ribbons using colored staple wire.

About ME:
Been scraplifting since April of this year and happily contented about it. I've never been as productive and creative as when I embraced this approach. It helps me get started and propel me to finish an LO in no time. As Jana Lillie puts it in Creative Keepsakes, "(scraplifting is) the art of taking someone else's good idea for a page, accent or technique and adapting it for your own creation. You look like a genius - and you don't have to break a sweat. What's not to love?" I totally agree :D (Thanks for the quote, Lee)

12 comments:

cabbie lopez said...

hi nita. wha!!! i love your layout coz i love how you do with the colors!! ganda.. and the flower stamps all around sam is just so cute not to mention the pic you chose ha. really really adorable! in totality, the whole layout is just so beautiful!

Lee i. said...

Nita, you used the Heidi Swapp stamps perfectly. The circle pattern reminds me of an hibiscus lei and I like the color. And finally nagamit mo din ang MM magnetic stamps mo. Pwede ko na siyang hiramin. Hahaha.

Christine said...

Nita! What a fun page! All the pretty colors really complement your beautiful daughter's photo! Love the stamped flowers ;)

Tin said...

Hi NIta! Suuuper cute ang baby mo! And really sweet LO, ang sarap talaga mag scrapbook for our kids ano? hehe Sana naman pag laki nila, tayo naman ang i-scrapbook nila :-) And i love the the journaling cum title, magawa nga yan! hahaha :-) TFS!

Lei said...

VERY CUTE!! i love the feel of the LO very summer talaga and the ribbons really matched the color of the paper.

Au Lim said...

finally was able to browse the LOs here...ako laging bwenas to see you LOs in person...love how you did the scallops here with the circle template! ang galing mo talaga maginnovate! at op kors ang cute ni Sam--mana sa ninang! hehe...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nita! Ganda ng flower stamping mo. Perfect na perfect ang circle niya to frame your little cutie-patootie.

Benga said...

I also love the colors, very pretty just like your adorable daughter

Anonymous said...

Hi Nita,

Type ko gawa mo pretty cute, and of course si Sam very adorable. Galing ng teacher ko salute.

Elizabeth Gochuico

Nina said...

Summer colors! So pretty! I already told you this sa blog mo pero ulitin ko na lang. I always love how neat and classic your style is! Talagang pagaling ka na ng pagaling, bespren!

Love Sam's cute expression too! =)

Nina

CraftFairy said...

This is so fun and colorful. Wonderful happy and summer-y LO! Everything went well together. Makes me smile everytime I see it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nita,
Ang sweet naman ng LO mo. Cute din ni Sam so adorable.