Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Loving the Liberated Liberal Life (LLLL!)

Julie says, KAYA!

My hubby, Jeff, circa 1998, at Gino’s East, on one of our yearly get-aways. Another page for our Travel Album.


Journaling:
“Loving life like a liberated liberal” – taking respite from the uptightness, political correctness and workaholism of Washington, D.C. where we both worked in executive positions downtown. Every year in Chicago, we go to Gino’s, enjoy friends, family, the sense of humor, and liberating ambience (must be the rust, graffiti and cholesterol). There’s always a long line to get into Gino’s, but it is worth the wait. I Love You More (than I love pizza and beer). Surprisingly, I find this place quite romantic!

Materials Used:
Karen Foster Cork, Rubber Stamps, AL Clear Stamps, Acrylics, Staz-on, printed, already-embossed, and scalloped PP’s, ribbons, rhinestones, flowers, brads, CM Pens, stitches & rub-ons.

Techniques:
I call it the Graffiti technique – stick, stamp, paste away anywhere you’d like – no patterns, no rules (but it didn’t quite turn out that way – I’m still square!).

Finger painting - inspired by my 4-yr old working next to me: yellows, greens and reds are finger painted on cork, then stamped with different color acrylics.

Pouncing edges with stamp/ink.

Stamping using acrylic paints and ink on cork, paper, ribbons, and metal.

Some handwritten journaling.

Inspirations:
Perfectly Clear: The Clear Stamp Book - Autumn Leaves
Stamper’s Sampler Magazine

About ME:
An Island Girl at heart, born in the Philippines, living in the USA. I love my kids and my hubby first of all. I’m a full time Mommy and homemaker. When I’m not driving my kids to school, cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, I work primarily from home as President & CEO of an S Corporation, an international Human Resources and Learning Management Consulting firm that I started 4 years ago (was a Senior HR Professional for 12 years). Very hands-on with www.bookoto.com, a business I share with a very good friend, Sheryl, who is equally as passionate. My kids and I are scrapbook hobbyists for about a year now. This hobby satisfies my needs to organize, unclutter, and tuck away safely all my happy memories. I am kind to everyone. I’m a people-person. I make new friends easily, and my old friends are for keeps. I admire people with a holistic approach to life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this is one great layout. i love the stamping and the colorful designs!i love the way the color collided with each other.

cabbie

Lei said...

i love the LO.. really very nicely done..the embellishments really complement the whole feel of the layout

Au Lim said...

i always see your posts but i rarely see your photo. you are one pretty lady...and hubby doesn't look so bad either! So that's why you have such lovely kids!

Love your adventurous LO! lots of elements well put together! Hope to see your LO again next month!

Alby said...

Hi Julie!!! Great to see your work here. Love the layout with all the colors. The painted cork is so neat! Great work!

Freethinker said...

Wow Ng Jules, love this layout esp the graffiti-like PPS. It's so original! Am sure Sara had fun doing this with you :-) And the journaling is so sweeeet! Has Jeff seen this yet? :-)

Tin said...

Julieeeee :-) great LO and even greater looking hubby LOL! Looks like you had lots of fun with this one and having your kids help out too is twice the fun :-) hmmmm magaya nga hehe. TFS!

Lee i. said...

Wow! The photos were taken in a dark booth but you made the brightly-colored embellishments work. So many details that I had to enlarge and scrutinize one by one. But again, I ended up focused on the pizza. You make me hungry for a Gino's deep dish pizza. Yummy...yummy. Too bad, I can't eat memories. :-)

Nina said...

Julie! Wow, you look so young and pretty! And your daughter looks like a gorgeous porcelain doll. And, ahem, si husband pala eh guwapo din.

Love this layout, Julie! I love the textures and the free-flowing elements of the alternate stamping and finger-painting! Great job! =)

Nina

Candy said...

I really like this so-called Graffiti technique! There is so much texture, it invites touching the LO! Great work here, Julie. Not only is your husband handsome, so is this LO.