Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Little Boy BLUE

Cookie says, KAYA!

Hello! Finally, I was able to finish my LO even if I don't own any stamps. Thanks to Tin and Mia for lending me your stamps during the July 15 EB. I really had a hard time figuring out what my LO would look like considering I only have 3 pieces of usable stamped acetate and cardstock. (There was not enough time for me to stamp during the EB because my husband picked me up a little early.) Actually I'm still afraid to stamp but I also plan on buying my own stamps because I learned different ways on how to use it. Anyway, here's my LO, hope you guys like it.


Journaling (pull circle picture of Harvey to the left):
Every mommy want their babies to stay babies forever... How I wish I could let you stay this way.

Materials Used:
DCWV Cardstock Neutrals - Dark blue and Olive Green, Patterned Paper from Basic Grey (not so sure.), Lace ribbon from Michelle's, Harvey sticker from Crystal Stickers All About Scrapbooking, Gin-X Imagination Projects Coasters, Doodle Genie - whimsical, stamps on acetate from Mia's collection, stamp on cardstock from Tin's collection, Sticker saying from Phrase Cafe - It's a Boy, Sakura jelly roll -gold, Shiny glittered sticker bought from Ms. Au., Floral and Dot Punchers, Thickers Daquerie American craft, Colorbox -Chestnut Roan and Frosty.

Techniques Used:
Stamping, Paper layering, inking

About ME:
Hello! I'm Cookie Aguilar, 29 years old and a full-time wife and mommy to hubby Henry and son Lance Harvey. I started scrapbooking about two years ago, a few months before giving birth to Harvey. But I started to get addicted to the craft last year. There are times that I just love staring at all my scrapbooking materials, papers, etc. And finishing a layout really makes me feel happy. I'm just begining to post my new layouts at www.cookieaguilar.multiply.com.

6 comments:

Lee i. said...

You really put the stamped images you made at the EB to good use. And I like the color combination. What glitter did you sue for the word "blue"?

Anonymous said...

i love the BLUE stamped embossed words!blended well with the cs. the stamp on the borders looks classy. photo is cute!

cabbie

Lei said...

This is a very cute LO, great colors. It really blended well togeher..

Au Lim said...

naku cookie! nakikinita ko na talaga ang budding scrapbooking talent mo! your LOs keep getting better and better...

patanong naman o...what die cut did you use for the word blue? love how you did that scallop...did you hand cut that? galeng naman!

Nina said...

Love this! Ang neat mo gumawa and the color combinations are just gorgeous. Ganda pala ng effect na stamping ang photo corner. And wow, you even had enough space to leave a border. Galing! =)

Nina

Nita Ang said...

I have my eye on you, Cookie. Your LOs are fast becoming one of my favorites. To think na newbie ka pa lang ha. Ang galing mo, sistah. Keep up the good work!