Thursday, July 26, 2007

Smell the Flowers

Marissa says, KAYA!


Journaling:
Yes, Sweetie, it's alright to smell the flowers.

Materials Used:
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Chestnut Roan for distressing background paper; Versacolor ultimate black pigment ink for stamping the flourishes; Autumn Leaves clear stamp Flourishes v:1 by Rhonna Farrer; Joann Craft essentials card embellishments LOVE and GROW; mini GlueDots, papers by DCWV Summer 2007 Stack; pink flourish Bazzill cardstock, Darcee Finishing Accents [Bling].

Techniques Used:
Nothing special, really. Stamp, sipat, cut, sipat, position, sipat, glue, and a final sipat. I hand-drew and cut the big pink flourish and distressed the edges and some parts of it with sandpaper.

About ME:
Married for 35 years to the boy next door who was my imaginary boyfriend during the time he didn't take notice [...or so I thought]. Mother to Lennart and Christina. Been in the field of clinical research for the past 14 years, monitoring data gathered from people who volunteer to take investigational drug before the drug gets approved to be sold in the market. I gave up my other hobbies and focused more on scrapbooking. I think I am now at an age where I'd better record all those memories while I still remember them.

6 comments:

Lee i. said...

Such a sweet layout. I like the handmade big swirl, but I like the stamping, too. The square frame draws attention to that cute expression on Chrissie's face.

Anonymous said...

i love the photo with the flowers!i love the flowers on the borders too! the stamp looks great with the over all layout.

cabbie

Lei said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the colors in this LO! Great job!

Benga said...

Wow galing ng handmade flourish! Katuwa un sipat technique, effective! Love the flowers, the swirls and the frame as well, adorable!

Au Lim said...

hand drawn and cut flourishes?! oh my! ganda naman!pretty colors too!

Nina said...

Oooh! Black and pink! Beautiful colors! Thanks for the inspiration too with the swirlies. Great job! =)

Nina