Tuesday, January 8, 2008

3 zero wishes

Nina says, KAYA!

I already wrote down my 3 specific goals/wishes this year even before the challenge was issued. But when I started to write them down, I couldn't stop at 3. Since this is a very special year for me, when I hit the big 3-0, I hope you can indulge me in listing down 30 wishes instead.

My goal this year is simple: Live in the moment. And I wanted my layout not just to be a simple record of my goals of this year but an inspirational piece for myself. I knew I wanted to gather some of my most favorite scrapbooking materials in this layout but realized there were just too many. Uso kasi ngayon yung "inspiration corner" so I decided to tuck in my very own inspiration corner under my photo. Thanks for looking! =)



Journaling:
My first three wishes were written on the pocket die-cut:
1. Get published.
2. Have Matt potty-trained.
3. Lose 30 lbs.

I then stamped the QKD Library Card acrylic stamp three times on white cardstock before writing the rest of my 30 wishes.

I also wrote my sentiments about living in the moment in a journaling sheet by Prima.

Materials:
Cardstock - DCWV, Village; patterned papers - 7Gypsies, Creative Imaginations; fabric paper - Love, Elsie; die-cut pocket - 7Gypsies; stickers - Fontwerks, Bo Bunny, 7Gypsies, All About Scrapbooking, Love Elsie, Nostalgiques by Rebecca Sower, others; die-cuts - Bo Bunny; transparency - Daisy Ds; journaling sheet - Prima; Library Card acrylic stamp (to be released in February 2008) - Queen Kat Designs; ink - Ranger; price tag (pink heads) - National Bookstore; ribbons - Momotara from Simplejoys; closures - Basic Grey; Others - brads, playing card.

Techniques:
Collage, hidden (um) mini-layout?, sticker sneeze! (when it looks like you sneezed stickers all over your layout)

About ME:
My name is Nina and I'm a 29-year-old stay-at-home mom to a 3-year-old boy. I'll be turning 30 this year and while I still have a lot of dreams to fulfill, I realize more and more how important it is to just enjoy the everyday, ordinary, mundane things that we so easily take for granted. So, my goal this year is simply to enjoy every moment. Good or bad, it always teaches us something worth learning.

10 comments:

cabbie lopez said...

hi nina. another outstanding awesome layout from a talented artist like you!!! galing ng mixing of embellishments mo and i love the idea of your 3 using playing card. wow!

Kellybellys said...

30 lbs!!!! That's a lot of food to give up:-)hehe - that's coming from a piggy eater like me:-) Seriously, your artwork has always been the 'think outside the box kind'. You have consistently been a great SB artist - so yes, this year, I won't be surprised if wish # 1 is checked even before the year ends:-) Love it, Nina.

Julie

zabeth said...

Very artistic in all of your layout. TFS!

Jenn Valmonte said...

you had a haircut, nina?

nice ng layout mo, dati hidden journaling lang, ngayon it's a layout within a layout. so great!

Nita Ang said...

Ibang-iba lagi ang dating ng mga LOs mo, Nina. I mean, they are all very original and edgy. Ang sarap usisain isa-isa ang mga details. May nakapaggsabi na ba sa iyo na your LOs belong in a gallery? Well, yun ang dating nito sa akin :D

marjorie said...

i agree with nita here...when i see your layouts,before i even see the name, i knew it's yours...kakaiba tlga!

Anonymous said...

love love love this LO of yours Nina! Ang galing and I like the swirls. Great Job!

Freethinker said...

I agree with everyone here, your layouts are so unique and consistent! You are definitely one out-of-the-box-thinking SB artist, Nina! Well done! Thank you for joining the challenge! :-)

Tin said...

Hi nina! It really is nice to see your LO's being posted constantly now, and it truly is unique and oozing with creativity. Kakatuwa how your LO's have so much fun elements in them :-)

I like the idea of a creative corner :-) it's a very personal touch.

Tin

Donna Espiritu said...

got the "nina-touch" and i love it! beautiful layout!