Sunday, January 20, 2008

W3 (3 Wishes)

Candy says, KAYA!

I wasn't going to join since I was avoiding taking current photos of me. I keep on telling myself, I'll have a better photo when I lose weight. And then again, who am I kidding? I should accept reality, but have workable goals to achieve this year.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off since I wanted more dramatic black, white and red colors only on the LO. I thought it wouldn't be me as it would be a radical departure from my accustomed style. Apparently, I was wrong. It still turned out still my style since I started adding things that was typically favorites of mine and yet it turned out also different. Hopefully, this take on an edgier "Candy" will help me to stretch my LO skills.

The journal speaks for itself. The first two wishes will help me focus on keeping myself healthy and making me feel good about my "maturing" body. The last wish is for the growth of my soul.



Hidden Journal:
I WISH:
1. to get to pre-pregnancy size so I can wear clothes I like
2. to get rid of my flab and to physically take care of my body
3. to submit more LOs and projects locally & internationally

Materials:
DCWV black cardstock
Bazill white cardstock, and red cardstock
7 Gypsies Somme Blanc
Bo Bunny Bare Naked Chipboard (parenthesis and journal tag)
Creative Imaginations Narratives chipboard alphas
Crateboard chipboard number
Prima B&W flowers
Carolina's barong tagalog buttons
Craftworld stamped clear buttons
Simple Joy's plastic flower emb.
Liquitex Acrylic Basics Matt (red, silver)
SMILE silver stamp ink
Versacraft stamp ink white 180
ATB Antiquing Tool stamp ink black
Colorbox stamp ink chianti
All About Scrapbooking red wooden clips
Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink cranberry
mm snaps
mm Scrapbook Colors Clear Glaze
DCWV Rub-On Doodles Flourish white
American Crafts Mini-Marks Accents Book 2
American Crafts Mini-Marks Accents Book 3
Craftworld black and white fibers
Sakura Gelly Rolly pen silver
Uni-ball Signo pen white

Techniques Used:
Colors limited to variations of black, white and red for drama
Stamping and embossing
Inking sides
Using lots of foam tapes for dimension
Glazing alphas
Painting
Alcohol Ink dubbing

About ME:
Hello, I'm Candy Bonoan-Lagazon, Montessori teacher, wife to Arn, and mother to Galo, my 3 year old son. Aside from teaching, I love arts and crafts, drawing, painting, singing, playing the piano, and tracing my Bonoan Family Tree. I've been scrapping for 3 years ever since my son's birth, but only joined scrapping forums this August. I'm learning more about this craft in the last 3 months just by hanging around other scrappers than I'v e ever done scrapping alone. Scrapping is the ultimate art release for me as it combines materials I love and techniques I've learned over the years. Lately, I'm challenged to combine my love for scrapping and for genealogy by coming up with LOs using old photos of my relatives.

5 comments:

zabeth said...

Loved those chipboard alphas. Great LO as always. TFS!

Benga said...

Hi Candy, go girl! Yes ikaw pa rin tong LO na to with a twist! great combo of black and red, at un title ha mathematics pa din ang dating hahaha

Anonymous said...

love what you've done with the title and chipboards.. galing, and ang linis ng LO :)

Donna Espiritu said...

love the contrast of colors in your layout candy! great job!

Joyleen Dianne Co Lim said...

Perfect talaga ang red with b/w photo. Super bagay!