Friday, October 19, 2007

Soulmates

Marian says, KAYA!

I found this picture while trying to sort things out at home. It is a surprise treasure (although picture quality not too good) as Alex and I have very few pictures together while he was my boyfriend. (This is a scraplift from Kim Watson in the CK Sept 07 issue.)


Journaling:
We were soul mates. We were good for each other and understood each other completely. We evolved and became better persons without a conscious effort to change each other. This is the reason we lived and loved together in almost perfect harmony for more than 33 years. Pretty good record for a relationship which my parents predicted was doomed from the start and couldn't last.

This is my tribute to you, my thanks to you for being a good husband, good father and even better grandfather. I am sure if you were blessed with a longer life, we would still be together for another 33 years or even more. 10/14/07
Photo - Alex and Marian circa 1975

Materials Used:
Bazzill white CS, DCWV textured CS. Tools used: scissors, watercolor pencils, Staedler Triplus pen and glue.

Process:
I used bond paper to make my own temporary templates to see if the swirls looked ok and if the letters would fit into the space. It took several attempts before finally tracing the template at the back of the cardstock and then cut with scissors. I doodled the flowers on white CS with black pen and colored them with water color pencil, cut them out and glued to CS. Doodled a few more small flowers directly on the background CS. Used the triplus pen for journalling. I usually don't hand journal because my writing is ugly and sometimes even I can't read what I wrote.

About ME:
I started rubber stamping and card making before actually getting into scrapbooking. My favorite subjects are my granddaughter and 2 daughters. I love to shop for new paper, embellishments and anything related to scrapbooking.
My husband just passed away more than a month ago. This has given me more time for myself but also added other duties which I don't quite enjoy. I escape through scrapbooking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marian! This LO is priceless! I love it! Gosh, you're still so pretty now but you were a knock out way back then!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maybs. Thanks for the compliment. I was many many pounds lighter then.

Benga said...

hello miss marian, agree ako dun parang artista ang photos, both of you are good looking, and this is such a great tribute to your late husband.

Au Lim said...

awwww...this sure made me, uhhhh, {sniff} let's just say sentimental... na feel ko yung happy years nyo together...reminded me tuloy of a favorite song "What Matters Most" and since this is circa 1975, I'm sure you know that song of the late 70s.

what a lovely couple you were!

Kellybellys said...

Marian, this truly is a very beautiful and meaningful LO. It touched my heart. It's a amazing.

Take care,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Au, Benga and Julie,Thanks for your comments. Have been super sentimental these days remembering our days together. Its hard to make an LO in this mode cuz all the memories merge into each other and my thoughts become so magulo.
Marian