Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wacky Girl

Au says, "KAYA!"

Whew! I made it!...Since I missed the deadline last month, I made it a point to do this one earlier. I finished last Wednesday evening but wasn't able to upload. I wanted to take the pic of the LO in the morning. Unfortunately, come next day, I was in a flurry because we confirmed that my youngest, Raj, has contracted dengue! We are still confined at the hospital till today but I took a short break to upload this. I wouldn't want to miss being saved from the island by Wonder Donna! Raj is doing well at this time, too so I could exhale as well.

This layout is about my little girl who is kinda zany with all her many moods. She is painfully shy but she often surprises me by being the brave one (she took to pre-school from the first day with no tears at all!) and by being a clown around people she is comfortable with. I think these pics, taken on the day of their school's Lakambini event while we were watching on at the bleachers captures her moods perfectly.

Journaling:
Reine has many moods. She is very shy around strangers yet totally wacky at home. But mostly, she is a sweet happy camper who loves giving me lots of hugs and sticky kisses.

Materials:
Bazzill, Canson and DCWV cardstock, LeFranc watercolors, black pigment pen, White Uniball Signo pen, glue

Techniques:
Since I cannot embellish this layout much, I thought it was especially important for the photos to stand out. These photos were cropped close and edited using Adobe Photoshop CS to remove and blur all the extraneous elements that were distracting. Since we were sitting at the bleachers where there we many people, it was hard excluding them from the photo composition. Also, other than the white base and pink CS framing, this LO was perfect for using up some CS scraps. I simply tore them up in tiles, applied faux stitching with the white pen and rolled the torn edges to add in some texture. I also doodled in some faux eyelet lace since i cannot put in the real thing.

Au Lim: I just recently survived the Scrappin Moms Idol Challenge and it was one of the hardest yet most productive and fun scrapping experience i ever had. Since then, I think I have gained more confidence to join challenges so I tried again with Studio Azul's DT Call and became their first Blue Lady. Yup, it have been quite a ride for me, scrapwise, these past 3 months. Looking back, I am glad I heeded friends' proddings because I think braving these challenges despite my initial hesitation has made me grow more and gain more in the way of scrap stuff, scrapping mileage and best of all friendships. Visit me at auscraps.blogspot.com and auwashere.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear from you, too!

No comments: