Saturday, October 27, 2007

Patches of Happiness

Lee says, "SAVE ME!!!"

From my desolate side of the island, I know that other survivors are being rescued as I hear the sound of helicopters and the faint but definite sounds of rejoicing. From my vantage point, I see Wonder Donna going back to the mainland with scrapper after scrapper.

I have almost given up. Most of my scrapbooking materials are waterlogged. And my photos were soaked and torn to pieces. Certainly, going back to basics in scrapbooking was not part of my girl scout training. But I want to be rescued. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So even if what I made is embarassing (Kahlo called it scary), here it is.


Journaling:
Life is complicated. It has its ups and downs. Life moulds me with its challenges. Life is not black and white, there are various shades of grey. But life can be colorful, too. Life makes me who I am. I welcome the difficulties but I cherish the happy the most.

Materials:
DCWV cardstock, Colleen watercolor pencils, scissors, UHU glue, Zig pens.

Techniques:
I was inspired by some layouts by Sharon Laakonen and Vicki Boutin wherein they tore their photos to represent layers of themselves and their lives. It looks way better when they did it. Painted a rainbow to represent hope and optimism. Handwrote the title and journaling.

I like the Kaya challenges because I can be experimental (this is the first time I'd use watercolor pencils) while not being pressured to come up with a truly great layout all the time. I can just play.

About ME:
I am partner to a visual artist, mom to three KiDS whom I take care of, full-time. I like scrapbooking as it combines all my loves - photography, writing and keeping track of life. I especially love the friends I have made in this hobby.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Ganda naman, Lee! Ganda rin ng photo mo, ha, parang model!

CraftFairy said...

WoW, Lee!! great continuation of Donna's story and great depiction of a shipwrecked scrapper. Needless to say...LO + journaling =...