Friday, August 10, 2007

Cargo Pants

Marix says, KAYA!

When I read about the challenge the first emphemera that came to my mind are the clothes tags that I always keep, simply because they are sturdy and can be used like a chipboard with a little dressing up. But this time I used them as a part of my LO, I wanted to make an artsy collage, but this is how it turned out. I looks weird but my my friend says it's meant to look weird, almost everything here is ephemera (read:not acid free).


Journaling:
Eversince cargo style was introduced as a fashion trend I immediately shifted from jeans to cargo pants. They are baggy which gives me comfort and they have lotsa lotsa pockets which is tops for me coz I hate carrying bags when dressed casually or ruggedly. Esprit and Fox are top of the line for me because of their good quality and fashionable designs, they don't come cheap but when they are on sale, I don't lose a chance to grab a pair.

Materials used:
Making Memories cs & acrylic paints; 7gypsies pp; papemelroti die cut letters

Ephemera:
wire, twill, lace, ribbon, snaps, clothes tags, scented leaves, button, soda can tab

Technique Used:
Painting, distressing, inking
About ME:
Hi! I'm Marix, single and currently working as a Systems Analyst in Singapore. I've been scrapbooking since highschool but never knew such a term ever existed. Back then I've been using magazines to cut out titles and images and used the magnetic albums which sadly are all not acid free. I only discovered the term scrapbooking and acid free in 2004 and have been doing it since then. It was on and off until I became addicted to it last year. I scraplift, use sketches and find inspiration through advertisements. I'm a traditional scrapper and haven't tried digital yet. I consider myself as a free style scrapper who loves embellishments and texture in a layout. You can view my other layouts at http://scrappalific.blogspot.com/.

13 comments:

Nina said...

Marix!! Love your style, girl! Ang galing-galing naman nito. I've seen a couple of layouts in the States incorporating tags from clothing but never figured out how to do it myself, um, probably kasi hindi talaga ako mahilig mangolekta nun. Hehe.

Pero I love the colors in your layout and that your personality is stamped on this layout. This is my favorite layout of yours that I've seen! =)

Nina

Lee i. said...

Marix, what can I say? This LO is indeed ephemeric (if there's such a word.) I love how you cut out your photo to look like you are sitting in a jungle of giant leaves and tags. Like Nina, this is my favorite LO of yours so far. Hindi ako nagsasalita ng tapos, kasi I know you will be stunning me again in the next few months. Galing nito. To quote my daughter, Promise...

Donna Espiritu said...

hi marix! wow... you are creating more and more WOW layouts girl!i love the ideas in this lo of yours :) great lo!

Au Lim said...

ay great idea! again, isa sa mga type kong gayahin...hehehe...i would never have thought those tags would serve a purpose! well executed, too. thanks for the idea! :-D

Lei said...

great idea.. very creative way of use of tags and ephemeras

Anonymous said...

This is great LO. Hirap kaya gawin nito.

zabethtan

Benga said...

Naku kakaflatter naman, many thanks po sa inyo, really appreciate your comments kakataba ng puso. =)

Nita Ang said...

Marix, this is a KNOCKOUT! Laglag ako sa upuan ko dito. Bagay na bagay sa iyo itong style na ito, shows a lot of personality. Orig na orig pa (do people still say this nowadays?)ang dating. Ako man, makiki-promise like Lee. May kasamang swear pa :D

Jenn Valmonte said...

ang ganda ng pagka-collage ng layout mo!

Airees said...

Hi Marix! Great LO! I love how you made the tags into a flower and also your pic and the whole layout. Great job!

cabbie lopez said...

i loveee your distressing technique here!!!love those laces and how you place them.

Christine said...

Marix, this is such a cool page! Love how you used the oval tags to create a flower! Great job!

Tin said...

Oh my marix, i really love how you mix all these elements together :-) very very nice :-) TFS!