Friday, August 24, 2007

my room, MY RULES

Christine says, KAYA!

EPHEMERA - have tons of those, as I am such a certified JUNKIE, LOL! However, the moment I got word about this challenge, only 1 thing immediately came to mind - and it was my DD's documented set of room rules *wink*. She worked on this when she was about to graduate from senior kinder (she's in 2nd grade now), if I remember correctly (I've kept this piece of paper for so long, I am having 'truble' remembering the exact date, haha!)



Journaling:
Inspired by daddy's room rules for Ian, Nikki made her own set and posted it on her wall. I just had to take it coz it was too cute to pass up!

Journaling Add-on (DD's 'rules' for her brother, verbatim)
rules
0. clean up after playing
1. don't calat
2. don't disturb
3. don't touch anything
4. don't fight
5. do not make baby truble
6. you can have fun
7. don't distroy


Materials Used:
CS: Bazzill (ahem, please excuse my base CS - it's been sitting out for far too long, waiting for me to complete this LO, it got creased in the process haha); PP:Creative Imaginations; STAMPS: Technique Tuesday, Paper Salon, Purple Onion; INK PADS: Versa, Colorbox; Dymo label

Techniques Used:
nothing out of the ordinary

About ME:
Married, with 2 kids - DD 7 and DS 4, part-time lecturer on restaurant operations. I have been scrapping on and off since 1984 using non-archival safe products (because I thought the acid-free stuff around that time looked cheesy, haha). I converted to the "other side" in 2006 when I saw gorgeous acid-free papers and other supplies. I've also dabbled in other crafts such as cross-stitching and candle-making. (Learn more about Christine at cv70.blogspot.com)

6 comments:

cabbie lopez said...

hello christine. such sweet thing you kept!!! you know, personalized handwriting is the best memory one can keep.. and to have a nice room alone sure is as exciting!

Tin said...

Naku christine, ang son ko ang dami daming signs! Pa scraplift ha hehe Natuwa ako when I saw the HK statio :-D Dymo ba na journaling yan? ang cool!

Lee i. said...

Hey Christine, I like that scalloped paper in the background. And I like this. Kakatuwa ang mga rules niya. I like that the ephemera takes center stage, then may supporting pics nung room in question, plus of course, your lovely DD.

Lei said...

love this LO... very creative on really focussing on her writing.. galing!!!

Donna Espiritu said...

hi christine! ang cute ng anak mo ha, very smart rules! hahaha at least meron You can have fun! Great lo girl!

Au Lim said...

hey, this is so cool coming from a 5 year old! ang galing ah! manang-mana ba sa Mommy? :-D and i like that idea of the journaling with the Dymo! TFS!