Thursday, August 23, 2007

I love Hello Kitty!

Tin says KAYA!

Before anything, sorry sa delay. After the very mind boggling challenges for SM Idol, Kaya is a breather for me :-) I didn't know I could block my layouts so well hehe.

Anyway, no one would think that I'm a Hello Kitty fan. The love affair began as a child and it hasn't stopped since then. My only wish, is to have a Hello Kitty party with a Hello Kitty cake! Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Journaling:
As a child, I had every excuse to use any Hello Kitty item I can get my hands on. It was at Gift Gate where the love affair began.

At 34, things are not so different. Although now I choose more practical things like my --- HK calculator for my bills, HK pens for writing, HK shirts to wear, HK bags for my things, HelloKitty.Com for my email and yes . ..my HK toaster for my toast. The latter was a gift, I swear!

Just can't get enough of this cool Kitty!

Materials:
Paper: Bazzils black, aqua and white, Love Elsie Roxie Quilt and Red felt
Embellies: Scenic Route Chipboard, Making Memories Sweets, Ki Alphabet Soup, American Crafts Playhouse Felt Arrows, AEIOU Studio Iron On Patch
Rubons: Sassafrass Lass Cotton Candy, SEI, Lasting Impressions Scrappy Rubs
Stickers: Love Elsi Roxie Stickers, EK Precious Finds Adhesive Gems
Ephemera: Hello Kitty note pads, tag, prize tag, tin cover and plastic star

Techniques:
I didn't use a lot of techniques really, just plenty of blocking. I used the felt ribbon, rub-on and sticker to create unity and continuity between the pink and white blocks.

About ME:
Scrapping, as I discovered, is a great cure when you're homebound, stuck with a horrible cough that can be mistaken for barking, a cold that can sniff up a ship and when cabin fever is driving you up the wall. I've sanitized my hands while scrapping, coughed away from it and sprayed my layouts with Lysol people, not to worry :-) you don't have to stay 50 feet away from my album in the next EB hehe. Hayaan niyo, ibibilad ko na din sa araw LOL.

Don't let this innocent face fool you, it can launch a hundred expressions, made hearts break, make you laugh, cry and even make you silly. Oh yeah, and Josh is in it too :-)

7 comments:

marjorie said...

i feel like a kid again just by looking at your lo!very youthful! nice to meet you hello kitty, tweety bird here!lol!

Christine said...

Tin, thanks for bringing back many wonderful memories, haha! I loved Hello Kitty, too, although I seem to have outgrown her, haha! I'm trying to pass on the love to DD by getting her her own HK email, but she doesn't seem to give a hoot!

Love, love, love your page - great journaling to boot! =)

cabbie lopez said...

i also love hello kitty but im enamored with little twin stars hehehe. anyway, yes your ephemera surely brought back memories of yester years but thats what an ephemera should achieve diba?? to entice people to feel your layout and be in the mood with it!! nice job!!!

Lee i. said...

Tin, a bit of trivia muna. Wasn't Hello Kitty a "HE"? He used to wear red jumpers and a red ribbon. And he had a friend called Hello Mimi - SHE was the girl, my childhood memories tell me.

Anyway, nice photos. Kudos to the model and the photographer. I like how you put all the elements together, so light and carefree ang effect. Bagay sa subject. TFS.

Lei said...

wow.. Love this LO.. Love your page very cute..

Donna Espiritu said...

tin!!! gosh i love HK too!!! hehe i wish natabi ko ung mga stationaries ko i gave it to my cousins huhuhu but nweis, love this girl! :D

Au Lim said...

hahaha...this reminds me of highschool when i used to buy these kitty's stuff! YOU never outgrew them!...heheheh...so that's why i like you so much! i like people who don't grow up...hahaha...coz i don't want to either! Nice LO sis!