Thursday, August 23, 2007

Valentine

Joy says, KAYA!

This is my first attempt to join the traditional LO for kaya challenge. My previous one was made through digital one. When I heard about ephemera, there is no turning point to back off. I love ephemera, simply because I love to keep and treasure anything that can remind me of something in the past. Memories should be cherished for a lifetime.


Hidden journaling 1

Hidden journaling 2

Journaling:
Message in the card from hubby, Erwin

To my dearest Love Joy,
This is our 3rd valentine together as a couple. During these wonderful 3 years, there's been ups and downs on our relationship, but still I thank God that we are still together. Sometimes I hurt you (which i don't know), but you still bear it with me. I'm so happy that we are still together by
loving each other and you're being thoughtfulness. I'm so bless for having you as my wife and hopefully, God willingly mother of our children. I love you so much. I hope our stay here at Makati Shangrila will be the most memorable valentine day. MWAH!!!

LOVE,
ERWIN LIM

My response to his message:
I thank God for giving me a lifetime partner like you. You are the reason for everything. You complete me.

Love
Joy

Materials Used:
HOTF Sarapapers Vintage Paper & Embellishments, Roses and Daisies from Simple Joy, Reeves Glittered Glue, Ribbons, Cream Cardstock, BIC Glue, Foam Tapes, Nail Polish, Dune and Cocoa Colorbox, Heart Foam Stamps, Slot Carl Punch, Sizzlits Funky Brush, Sizzlite Love Set, Arrows Die Cut Template.

Ephemera:
Makati Shangrila Membership Card
Makati Shangrila Voucher
Hallmark Valentine Card from my hubby

Techniques:
Double Matt my focal photo, cut the other remaining photos. Cut the scrolls for my borders. Brushed it with glittered nail polish. Add the roses on the different area of the scrolls. Glued it with a foam tape. Cut the circles using the Coluzzle Circle Companion. Add the daisy flowers
and polish it with glittered nail polish. Cut an arrow using the Arrows die cut (courtesy of Elizabeth) and embellish it Reeves Glitter glue. Cut out VALENTINE and HAPPY from Sizzlit Funky Brush Put the Hallmark Valentine Card inside for my hidden journal. Distress the
white BG paper with Dune Colorbox. Add 1 photo, put my personal message to my hubby and stamp it with hearts. Wrap with brown ribbons.

About ME: I'm Joyleen Dianne Co Lim, 30 years old, a wife to a VERY supportive hubby, Erwin. I can still recall, when my family goes on vacation, I was the one who will put all the pictures in our magnetic photo album. Used cut-outs from magazines, and brochures and wrappers to decorate every single page. The term Acid free wasn't that known that time. Until 2002, then I got married, I start scrapbooking. My first project was my wedding album. My sister and I helped one other to finish the entire album then I stopped due to low supply. Until one day, someone invited me to join PINOY SCRAPBOOKERS and SCRAPBOOK EXCHANGE, BOOM!!!! I'm so HAPPY to know that FINALLY I can buy some scrap stuffs and start working again. I'm glad to know that there are a lot of scrappers here at Philippines, I never thought that SCRAPBOOKING (expensive hobby) will be the lastest fad of many moms here. My heart was overwhelmed to meet fellow scrappers and learn different kinds of techniques each day. Do visit my website at www.erwinjoy.com and http://joydianne.multiply.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yupee. Finally this is it. Super love all the blue and white flowers. The sweet love notes are so sweet. You are really good in blending all colors.

zabeth

Christine said...

Beautiful page, Joy! Love the dainty flowers and flourishes along the borders

Tin said...

Nice LO Joy :-) i love the way you hid the journaling and added more pics :-) TFS!

Lee i. said...

How sweet naman. Great job with the hidden journaling. Love those circles ala target board and that arrow. Bullseye!

Lei said...

love this LO.. very sweet talaga.. without it being tooo sweet.. just the right touch and right papers..

Donna Espiritu said...

hi joy! nice layout girl... i love the hues of blue.. very sweet lo!

Au Lim said...

awww...one can see you guys are so in love! wishing you sweetness and togetherness you're old and gray :-D