Tuesday, August 14, 2007

San Francisco

Nita says, Kaya!

This is what excites me about Kaya, every month there's always new challenges which pushes me to scrap in ways I would have otherwise not explored. I am compelled to try out new techniques and am most of the times pleased with the outcome. Don't get me wrong though, almost everytime a new challenge is posted, I always feel I may not rise up to the occassion. I am left stumped for days on end, but eventually a spark of inspiration would motivate me to try. Thank you, Nina, for giving me the opportunity to grow a bit more this month.



Hidden Journaling Reads: It was supposed to be a family trip but for Alain and I, it felt like a long-overdue honeymoon. Out of all the places we went to, San Francisco is the one place we held dearest to our heart. We both adore the quaint rows of houses, sloping streets, cable cars, picture windows with a cat perched on it drinking in the sun and its beautiful, cold weather. It felt like we were both transported back in time and we were like the cat drinking in every minute of it. Even now, whenever I close my eyes, I can almost smell the cinnamon and orange-peel potpourri which permeates the hallway of the Cartwright Hotel where we stayed in. We both yearn to come back someday, just the two of us to rekindle our romance with San Francisco and fall in love with each other all over again.

Materials Used: DCWV white core CS; Rusty Pickle Mayflower PPS (Priscilla Mullins; Myles Standish; Capt. William Bradford); Prima flower; Craft Express chipboard alphabet; Tres Jolie Tres Bien play card; MM Acrylic Paint; Staz-On.

Other Materials Used: Railway tickets; paper crimper; cotton lace; brass embelise; silver nameplate; U.S. coins; ribbons.

Hey, whaddayaknow... this time, it ain't a scraplift. Could it be that I am growing into a bolder scrapper? Naahhh, it's just one of those days when everything seems to click and all the embellies matches. I wish I could be as lucky each time. One thing I did notice though, this group is growing into a vibrant community and all you talented ladies are helping to motivate and inspire me to be a better scrapper. Thank you, everybody :D

18 comments:

Au Lim said...

we've really been friends too long. i just realized we have the same train of thought with regards to color! hahaha...and i love those Rusty Pickle swirled paper! good thing i have them too and now see a great way to use 'em! heheheh...very,very nice LO at naku ha, aren't we in a poetic mood today? pati intro at journaling mo kakaiba, ah...:-D

Nina said...

Aww, Nita, this is such a sweet layout! Kinilig na naman siguro si husband! Hehe.

Love all the stuff you put into just one section of the layout. I have yet to learn how to do this but you did it superbly.

Beautiful! =)

Nina

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. I loved those swirled papers, flowers and others stuff in there. So sweet journaling.

Zabeth

Donna Espiritu said...

this is so beautiful! love everything about this lo ms nita! waging layout n nmn to! teka teka.. pwede bang two in a row??? hehehe but even if, this one is scrapliftable and would like to ask for ur permission haha ang ganda nito promise!!!

Benga said...

onga 2nd in a row! Why don't you try submitting your LO for publication, well executed ang LO mo Nita, agree ako nagblend tlga lahat, you're not lucky in this LO, this one showcased your talent and creativity. I really like it!

Anonymous said...

Nita, I love your LO. The journalling tugged my heart. Parang naririnig ko in the background "I left my Heart in San Francisco" by Ole Blue Eyes (?) as I read it. You really write beautifully! Grabe ang pogi points mo kay Alain! Give chance to others ha. he-he...

Lei said...

Ganda ng LO mo.. panalo na naman ito panigurado another winner in the making..

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a fun layout! Just found your blog....great stuff!

Jenn Valmonte said...

i love the blings you used!

Ella Go said...

love this LO, nita.

galing ng execution...

Airees said...

I love the total look of your LO! Now I know panu pala gagamitin yung mga big swirls sa mga PPs. :)

Nita Ang said...

Thank you for the very nice comments, ladies :D Btw Jen, yung mga blings na nagustuhan mo are actually vintage. Nakabili ako ng isang supot ng salu-salong unpaired earring, buttons, blings and broken jewelries for $1 sa flea market. Ngayon ko pa lang sya, napakinabangan. Nag-payoff yung pagkaka-pack rat ko finally :D

Anonymous said...

Nita! All I can say, ganda ganda ng layouts mo...not just this one but i like all of them...i love how you put all the elements in this page...

Freethinker said...

Ahem, Nits kinilig ako ha ;-) Para bagang 'you left your heart in san francisco' hehehe It's nice to discover the wifey side of you in this layout. Thanks for the glimpse! :-)

Lee i. said...

Hey Nita, you continue to amaze me with your LOs. Is it your goal to surpass the last LO you make? Grabe ka na ha. Wala na akong masasabi na di pa nasabi ng iba.

cabbie lopez said...

the details in your layout is just like a chronological ordered story telling book... i have to peek at every thing from start to finish and so you really did a tremendous awesome layout! lalo na your trinkets, i absolutely adored them!

Christine said...

Oi, first off, congrats on an original Nita creation :) it's gorgeous! I love how you added a corrugated piece of CS to your page! Actually, I love everything about this page! :) You are truly talented, Nita!

Tin said...

Nita, yang pag scraplift mo eh may nagtatago palang tigre na scrapper *RAWWWR* with matching *hisssss* :-) your LO reminds me of SanFo's trolley cars and vintage houses, very beautiful work :-)