Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NAIA

Alby says, KAYA!

I have been working on my friend's album since last year (still not done yet - he's got hundreds of photos!!!). Since it's a travel album, I use ephemera on almost every page (he kept everything from tickets to postcards, etc.). Here's one of the layouts I've done (just picked it out from the album) included in his Asia Hopping album.


Journaling:
Singapore Airlines SQ71
March 5, 2004
8:15 am
Ninoy Aquino International Airport


Ephemera:
Plane Ticket and Boarding Pass

Materials Used:
Patterned Papers: HOTP, AAS
Solid Paper: DCWV
Embelishments: AAS, forgot the others (sorry!)

Techniques:
Double-matted the photo. The title was stamped and embossed with copper powder. Journaling block edges inked and embossed with copper. Hand made a folder to resemble a ticket/passport holder. Inside, the plane ticket and boarding pass were inserted.

About ME:
Hi! My name is Alby Laran, the scrap-crazy wife of Ariel. I have been buying scrapbooking stuff and working on an album since 2002 but didn't know anything about acid-free materials until early 2006. It w then that I attended my very first scrapping workshop and later got invited to Pinoyscrapbookers. There was no turning back after that.

I enjoy scrapping because it is never routine, and therefore, never boring. Each layout is a different experience. There is an endless list of techniques to try and it is constantly evolving. Most importantly, it allows me to express myself creatively, and to preserve my precious memories. It also reunited me to my old hobby - photography. I am mainly a paper scrapper and it will always be my biggest love. I
like that I can touch the layout, feel the texture, open flaps, insert tags, and interact with the art. Recently though, I started to dabble into digital scrapping and I am enjoying it. It allows me to scrap on weekdays when I am away from my paper scrapping supplies and tools.

12 comments:

Nina said...

Alby!! Wow. I'd really love to see this album. Ngayon lang ako nakakita ng layout na puwede i-integrate yung mismong ticket! Kasi dami din ticket ni husband, sayang, hindi ko alam pano ilagay sa layout. Thanks for the idea! Love what you did! =)

Nina

Lei said...

This is so beautiful. Love the color combo. Love the way you integrated the ticket in the LO

Lee i. said...

Alby, how lucky he is to have you make his travel albums for him! I really like how you made a place for the tickets while maintaining the nice clean look of your LO. And I like anything hidden sa LO, parang scavenger hunt ang dating sa akin. Haha.

Alby said...

Thanks guys! You know, I've been doing mini-pockets for all sorts of stuffs. I never knew they were called ephemera til this challenge. Haha. I can submit a whole album for this challenge kase dami ko talaga nagawa. This is my favorite because of the "ticket holder". Pero sabi ni mother Lee, dapat new layout kase a finished layout is our reward. My counter-argument - well, by submitting them to Kaya I will be rewarded at last! Haha.

Donna Espiritu said...

hi alby! i like the idea of the mini-pocket!

Au Lim said...

hey that folder is sooo cool! magaya nga! ang galing mo talaga sa pockets and folders ah!

Nita Ang said...

"Very lucky guy", yun lang ang masasabi ko :D

Airees said...

Alby, I like the way you did with the pocket - pa-scraplift ha. I also saved our tickets and stuff and this is another clever way to include those. Great job!

cabbie lopez said...

this is one memorable layout which will surely be embedded in your life forever and all because you did a great job with this!i love the tickets inside the pocket.

Alby said...

Thanks everyone for the heartwarming feedback. =)

Christine said...

Alby, I love how you added a pocket for the ticket! I also love your color combo!

Tin said...

Naku Alby, ma-scraplift nga ito for my FA friend hehe :-) love your LO, TFS!