Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Little Teacher Award

Ems says, KAYA!

I planned to really incorporate Gaby's school knick-knacks/awards (if any) in her school albums, either by taking photos of them or simply slipping them in the lay-out. The first one (which I already scrapped) was a certificate of her participation in a summer program (her first to attend a school). It was photographed with her holding it. The second was her award during the moving up day from Nursery to Kinder. I was tickled pink to know what her special award was because it was an affirmation on how she is becoming as a person. Can't help but use it in our Kaya Challenge this month.


Journaling:
We are so happy and proud of your special award. It really proves that you have a helpful and kind spirit. May you continue to be giving, ever ready to lend a helping hand.

Too bad we were not able to snap photos during your “moving-up day”. After one shot of this blurry photo, our digital camera has gone kaput---Nevertheless, this single photo and the certificate are enough to make the memory of that day remain in my heart forever…
--- Mommy ---

Materials Used:
DCWV & Fabriano CS; Rob&Bob PPS; Heidi Swapp flowers; Colorbox chipboard; MM staple wire; ric-rac, ribons, fibers and eyelets; Colorbox ink

About ME:
I'm Ems Fronda, working wife to a wonderful hubby, Oliver & Mommy to a beautiful girl, Gaby and another one on the way (after almost 7 years). Started scrapbooking when I was in High School using magazine cut-outs, ordinary stickers & other knick-knacks. Got hooked on "real" traditional scrapbooking in 2003 with the push and shove of my dear friend, Joanne Yap (thanks dear). Since then, the bug has never left me. I would say my style is clean and mean but would love to develop from there. I envy those scrapbookers who can just dump a lot of patterned papers and embellishments in a single LO and still look clean and not busy. Since I'm a working Mom, I'm ecstatic just to finish 1 or 2 LO/s a month. My subject is mostly my daughter Gaby so I'm glad that she'll have a sibling soon (another backlog on the way too).

2 comments:

Lee i. said...

Hey Ems, is that the actual certificate? Nice that it fit a 12x12 LO. I like th combination of circles and rectangles in the LO, made it visually interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Au Lim said...

awww...love this Ems....it's so real. kahit na kaput si camera at blurry ang photo, you captured a moment in your lives you will cherish forever. now, that's a winner in my scrapbooking "book"...