Thursday, August 9, 2007

Go Ateneo!

CH says, KAYA!

I remember writing such heartfelt journaling about this game. Seeing those grown men crying made me cry, too. I'm not a die hard Ateneo basketball fan, but I have to admit I have a soft spot for the team because Chris, a good friend of mine is part of it. That, and I can't help but ooze with school pride every time I watch a game. Anyway, I lost the sheet of paper where I wrote my journaling a year ago...so until I can remember what I wrote, I'll leave it blank first. Maybe I'll rewrite it after another Ateneo game. Might ruin it kasi kung pinilit ko.


Journaling:
To be journalled, if that makes sense. But I posted a part of our alma mater song --

Through the joys and tears
through the laughing years
We sing our battle song
Win or Lose
It's the school we choose
This is the place where we belong

Ephemera:
UAAP ticket; Blue Eagle logo is cut from a paperbag from American Eagle Outfitters

Materials Used:
Cardstock - DCWV
Patterned paper - 7Gypsies, Chatterbox, Scenic Route
Transparency - Hambly
Letter/#1 stickers - American Crafts
Stamp - 7Gypsies
Tab - Autumn Leaves
Font - P22 Garamouche
Tab punch - McGill
Others - "One Big Fight" printed out from the computer, date stamp, photo taken from the January 2007 issue of the Loyola Schools Bulletin (Photo by Alyson Yap)

Technique:
I was supposed to pass this layout for the stamp challenge but I wasn't able to create it in time. Good thing that this challenge came along though! Perfect for the theme. Hehe! :) I remember making this page and thought that I needed a Blue Eagle logo to represent our basketball team.. then out of the corner of my eye I saw a paper bag and I ended up cutting it up! It was also a fun coincidence that the old UAAP ticket (ADMU-UST, Oct.2, 2006) was just sitting on my dresser because I was too lazy to fix the clutter up. Instant ephemera and a remembrance of that championship game (which we lost!).

I guess the photo counts as ephemera too, since it was cut out of a school publication. Such a great picture that captured what I was feeling that day.

The "One Big Fight" letters were printed out from the computer -- I cheated! I printed out Heidi Swapp stickers. As soon as I find the real ones, I'll replace them. I thought they were perfect for the layout but didn't have any.. this was my way to improvise.

About ME:
CH. Fresh grad who finally has time to scrap (or so she thinks). I love chipboard and I use it on almost all my layouts! I have a tendency to buy alphabets (stickers, chipboard, foam, stamps, whatnot). I also super love stamps. I love scrapbooking mainly because it's a mixture of all the things I love the most -- photography, paper and history. Sometimes I see layouts in my head, but usually a great photo or a funny memory inspires me to scrap. My scrap table is STILL my bedroom floor, but I'm trying to find ways to reorganize my space. Finally put up a scrapbooking blog -- http://scrapb0oker.livejournal.com. Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Lee i. said...

CH, I am as usual very impressed. I won't say green with envy (kasi ibang team yun, haha). Saka Maroon ako, eh. Your style really is so clean and very graphic. Love it.

Nina said...

Hay, CH. This is just lovely. As in ma-i-imagine ko na sya sa magazine. Great job, girl! =) nina

Lei said...

love the Layout.. i really felt the school spirit.. im not a big fan pero i felt the emotion of the layout. galing!!!!

Donna Espiritu said...

hi CH! feel na feel ko ang school spirit dito sa lo mo :) love the composition photos and embellishments! :)

Au Lim said...

CH! glad to see an entry from you! hahaha...kahit na gusto panain ng archer ko ang aguila nyo...hehehe...kidding lang!

you really captured that school team spirit in this LO. makes me yearn for those carefree school days. and being able to elicit those feelings is, i think, the hallmark of an effective LO. good job!

Benga said...

i agree with them! bigla ako napareminisce ng college days ko *which is a long time ago hahaha*, type na type ko ang LOs with lots of words and phrases, sarap tignan ng LO mo, great job!

-Marix

Nita Ang said...

I love the photo, the way you tilted it just a little bit... very effective. Tsaka yung naisama mo pang backdrop yung mga nagkakagulong photographer (sabay pa sa flash!), feel ko yung atmosphere. But the best part of all, yung kamo sa dibdib. Bow ako dun! (sabay tap ng kamao sa dibdib ko din twice). Great LO, CH!

Jenn Valmonte said...

ganda ng presentation, CH!

Airees said...

CH, as usual, very nice LO! Pang-CK ang dating! good job!

Freethinker said...

As usual, great LO dear. :-) Keep 'em coming. :-)

cabbie lopez said...

your layout always have a mark on me... neat, fresh, mag-like.wow !!!

Christine said...

love how your page is able to speak volumes! another FAB job here, CH! really, really love your style!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tin said...

Ch, only you would come up with such a LO :-) Who would've thunk that the logo of American Eagle Outfitters is so close to the Blue Eagles? :-) Uber cool!