Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Toys

Candy says, KAYA!

Despite the fact that distressing is something I almost always do, I had a difficult time because of the subject. I usually avoid Christmas LOs. This time, I figured, I might as well start doing them especially since I'm accumulating special paper for this occasion.


Journaling:
All I want for Christmas are more... Christmas Toys.

Materials:
Love Elsie Noel Tree Lot, Tinkering Ink Yuletide Joyous Noel/Mulled Wine, Daisy d's Rub Ons Telling the Story, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Merlot, Brilliance Moonlight White, misc. gold ribbon, Carolina's grey cord, Carolina's lace, Pigma Micron 03 pen.

Techniques Used:
Folding and sanding the photo, inking the photo, paper tearing, rolling the sides of the LO, spraying mist around the sides of the LO + rubbing same mist on the undersides of the rolled portions.

About ME:
I love making LOs of my son and of my ancestors. I am very comfortable with the vintage look but love experimenting with bright colors, esp. earth and nature colors, whenever possible. Scrapbooking is a passion and an expression of my soul and of my life. You can check out my work at http://eyecandyscrap.blogspot.com.

14 comments:

Cookie Aguilar said...

wow this is gorgeous!!! grabe reyna ka talaga ng vintage, distressed look na LOs!!! galing!!!!

Nina said...

Grabe!! Ang galing-galing! This is just utterly gorgeous, Candy!!

Anong ginawa mo sa photo? Palagi talaga ako may natututunan sa yo. Hehe.

*hugs*
Nina

Anonymous said...

Wow, Candy, that's a lot of work, but it sure shows! The layout's exquisite... parang show piece!

Candy said...

Thanks, ladies! Nina, iyung photo, I literally folded wherever, then sanded on the fold. The idea is to make a frame around the subject in the photo. Then, I just inked the sides of the photo. The downside though is that the photo folds up quite a lot in the creases so I had to use plenty of photo adhesives! Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

if i massacre paper -- you bash them with crumpling and ink naman -- we are baliw surely,.. great layout -- as always --- ang mga colors mo now buhay na buhay -- love it !

Mia Castrillo said...

Wow, Candy! This is beautiful! You truly are the queen of distressing technique. :-) I love how you did the photo. Great idea!

tnapay said...

candy, i really love your style. :) this layout just shouts out 'CANDY'. :)

Gracie Ann Tan said...

When I saw your LO I said to myself, "this must be too easy for Candy." kasi I know how your style requires a lot of distressing. But then I just read your blog and I was surprised nahirapan ka pala sa lagay na yan eh ang ganda ng outcome. :) hehe. Thanks for the distressing tips. :)

CraftFairy said...

Beautiful LO, Candy. Love the ornaments and how you distressed the picture. TFS

Anonymous said...

Wow! Laglag panga ko sa LO na ito Candy! Distressing queen ka talaga! hindi ko kaya itong mga pinag gagagawa mo dito sa LO na ito! Ang ganda sobra! Saludo ako sayo!

marking said...

Wow Candy, your LO's neve cease to amaze me.Love the ornaments too

Anonymous said...

This is really you!!! Galing!

Donna Espiritu said...

oh wow! another masterpiece candy!!! so love this! galing!

Anonymous said...

fabulosa, kapatid. just fabulosa :)

nasabi na nila lahat! :)