Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pinky

Lee says, KAYA!

I have precious few photos of myself as a child. I am the 7th of 8 children so I think by the time I was born, my parents had had enough of taking photos. :-) I couldn't relate much to the photos, I was too young to have memories, so the journaling is short and written in third person. Note to self: ask family for childhood stories before they are completely forgotten.

These are the original photos, thus the small size. Since I am not inclined to scan them and print them to a bigger scale, this challenge is perfect. While I like how it came out, part of me is still thinking, "sayang ang space. I could put more photos there..."


Journaling:
The story goes that when she was born, she was so pink, they called her - Pinky.

Materials Used:
CS - Bazill, The Paper Company; PPS - We 'R' Memory Keepers; Ink - Clearsnap (cotton and orchid); Ribbon - unknown; Alphabet - American Crafts Thickers; Flowers - Prima; Brads - Making Memories; Adhesive - Kokuyo, Saunders; Puncher - Fiskars.

Process:
Lots of self-control required. It helped to keep saying to oneself, "less is more...less is more..." LOL.

About ME:
I have been incredibly busy the past few weeks, so I am thankful for this 1-a-week-challenge, as I am "obliged" to scrap, fulfilling my "one LO a week" goal. I wish I could scrap more, but I just couldn't help it. There just isn't enough time in a day. Read more about me at
The Armchair Scrapper.

7 comments:

tnapay said...

love the pink on black plus the splash of green. :) pretty layout, lee. :-D

Candy said...

WOOOHOOH!!! Love this LO, Pinky Lee!!! Iyan talaga ang negative space!

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

such cute photos naman! and yes litaw na litaw ang pink! such a cool LO! :)

Lee i. said...

thank you for your comments. now i am more confident about tackling my old pics which are smaller than 4x6. :-)

CraftFairy said...

Lovely! Pls scan those photos as those are the only copies you have, they're already faded, to begin with. Yes, you were sooo pink.

Freethinker said...

Lee, sayang sana may color film na nung time na yun, we could have seen how pink you were :-) Di bale, nabawi naman sa PPS :-D

Ganda ng negative space take mo. It's true, sometimes less is more :-D great job!

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

Ang ganda lee! hmmm... its so nice to scrap our old baby pics ano!