Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Home"

Sheryl says, Kaya!

I took this photo of my DH and DD Lilaa. It's one of those rare moments when she was just contented to settle into her dad's arms and suck her thumb. I think this is one of the most priceless moments of them together that I was able to capture.



Journaling:
No other place on earth can give you a sense of comfort, assurance, safety and belonging but in your Papa's arms.

Here, no words are needed.

You simply are HOME.

Papa & Lilaa 11.10.08


Materials:
Prima Corina Nielsen Designs "Whisper Collection" (whisper); KI memories Favorite Things collection; Tres Jolie Birthday Boy Stripe; MR chipboards ; Prima journaling book; Prima bling; MAMBI embellishments; Prima Felt alpha; ZIG vellum writer (red & black); embossing powder; embossing ink

About me:
Happy Mama to now happier Lilaa and Maia (ages 3 & 1.5 years old, respectively); wife to my one big love. Rekindled my love affair with Scrapbooking in May 2006. I c0-own and co-manage an online bookstore Bookoto.com with a good friend Julie Kelly. I also dabble in freelance writing in my spare time.

I am into books (various genre), foreign art films with high preference for the classics, and I'm also learning photography one click at a time. Now that I stay at home full -time, I hope to do more good use of my hands.

Virtually, I have moved to my new home here. Though you can always come by here.

17 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Wow you're fast! That LO is just too adorable! Great work Sheryl!

Freethinker said...

thanks, Gracie. Kagabi pa tapos yan but I had to wait for morning to take a photo. I use ambient morning light, no flash, when taking photos of LOs.

Can't wait to see yours, too! :-)

Mia Castrillo said...

So sweet! Love that photo and how you did the layout! :-)

Anonymous said...

that layout is fantastic! beautiful job!

-sarah

Nina said...

Sheryl! Love this layout! Ganda ng mga elements mo. =)

Also adore that photo. Ang sweet naman ng mag-ama. =)

*hugs*
Nina

Anonymous said...

aww, she!

love your mag-ama's picture here. atchaka daming blings! bongga :)

Freethinker said...

Thanks, Mia, Nina, Sarah & Bjay!

@bjay_ I've had those blings for a long time. "Lam mo yung feeling na kating-kati ka na gamitin but it won't fit.Last night, finally, it did. I treat the blings like virginity, you can lose it but only to the right one ;-P bwahahahaha

Khei de Dios said...

love your LO... ganda. lovely picture of father & daughter

Lee i. said...

love this LO, perfect photo, placement and embellies. specially love those chipboard persons. proof that negative space doesn't have to be plain white or plain background as marj said. lovely.

Chiqui said...

very sweet & elegant! Ganda!

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

touching photo and such a lovely layout! indeed the moment u have captured is priceless.

Anonymous said...

@bjay_ I've had those blings for a long time. "Lam mo yung feeling na kating-kati ka na gamitin but it won't fit.Last night, finally, it did. I treat the blings like virginity, you can lose it but only to the right one ;-P bwahahahaha

- wahaha! naughty, naughty retort! but I LIKE :)

tnapay said...

very sweet photo (and layout) of father and daughter. :) lovely color combo too.

Anonymous said...

ay naku mag kamaganak kayo ni mia with such precious fotos and beautiful girls in your families,.. I love this photo - brings me back to our chats -- when our babies were still tiny ones -- time flies hey...

jo

Donna Espiritu said...

she!!! oh my! this is totally GORGEOUS!!!! ganda kapatid!!!