Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Born

Sheryl says, Kaya!

Thanks, Marj for this challenge. I have 3 thick albums that my MIL had turned over to me to turn into scrapbooks. This photo is of my DH when he was around two years old and it belonged to one of those albums. He was with his parents, in a photo studio called "Cadiz Studio". :-)


Techniques:

tearing, inking, distressing with pigment/dye ink

Materials:

Karen Foster Parchment Border, K & Co Brenda Walton PPS; Prima journaling note; Petaloo flower; MR Swirl Chipboard; 7Gypsies Savannah Fabric Brads; Alpha Stickers; Inks: Brilliance Archival Pigment Ink Pad (Coffee Bean) & Tim Holtz Distress Ink (scattered straw)

Journaling:

You have obviously relished your status as your parents' first-born. But you have also been aware that along with the privilege, you also have a great responsibility, esp now that Papa is gone. And you sure take that responsibility very seriously.

About me:
Happy Mama to now happier Lilaa and Maia (ages 3 & 1.5 years old, respectively); wife to my one big love. Rekindled my love affair with Scrapbooking in May 2006. I c0-own and co-manage an online bookstore Bookoto.com with a good friend Julie Kelly. I also dabble in freelance writing in my spare time.

I am into b
ooks (of various genre), foreign art films with high preference for the classics, and I'm also learning photography one click at a time. Now that I stay at home full -time, I hope to do more good use of my hands.

Virtually, I have moved to my new home here. Though you can always come by here.

6 comments:

Candy said...

Gorgeous, Sheryl! This is really a vintage LO that is also stunning!

Gracie Ann Tan said...

This is lovely SHeryl. Very vintage. Great job.

marking said...

Hi Sheryl, great take on this week's challenge.

CraftFairy said...

Another precious memory! The picture goes well with all the techniques you used!

Anonymous said...

I love this vintage LO She! Galing galing!

Donna Espiritu said...

beautiful! tlagang vintage-looking coz of the photo! great job she!