Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mine

Mia says, KAYA!

This is such a great challenge, Marj! I love white space.

I particularly chose these three photos of each of my girls and had them developed for a shadowbox I made for my father-in-law for his birthday. I'm glad to be able to scrap them again, this time for myself. I love these pictures of my girls. I think their characters are very evident in them. I also love the outcome of my layout. I think it gave emphasis on the photos.


Journaling:
Nothing makes me prouder than to call you... mine.

Materials:
American Crafts cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, SEI patterned papers and epoxy stickers, Maya Road chipboard, Scenic Route cardstock journaling stickers, Fiskars border puncher, Sizzlits Round-A-Bout on foam, Staedler pen

About ME:
I am in my mid-thirties, married to my bestfriend, Mier, for 8 years and blessed with three beautiful princesses, Nadine (age 7), Raya (age 5) and Alyssa (1 year). I have been fixing my photos since high school but got really serious (as in using acid free materials) in 2004 after my 2nd daughter was born. Since then I've been hooked! Took a break in 2007 when I had a difficult pregnancy with my 3rd baby but I'm now back and more addicted than ever! I believe the heart of my layouts is my journaling. I scrapbook to share myself and my stories to my children.

15 comments:

Freethinker said...

beautiful LO, Mia! Melts my heart :-) Pa scraplift ha? :-)

Anonymous said...

ganda. I like it a lot. and of course, the decorative border punch signature accent :)

Lee i. said...

I want to be able to do this. You make it seem so easy! Ang ganda! All that negative space is not so negative after all.

Lee i. said...

I want to be able to do this. You make it seem so easy! Ang ganda! All that negative space is not so negative after all.

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love every single bit of it. Galing!

Chiqui said...

this is so pretty! i love it!

Laarni Pedrosa - Uy said...

a truly lovely LO! your beautiful daughters always brings out the best in every layout u make! :)

Nina said...

Hi, Mia! I love this! What beautiful little girls and love, love that your layout is just the right touch in highlighting them! Gorgeous! =)

*hugs*
Nina

Anonymous said...

am inlove with this -- echo lees sentiments --- gusto ko rin maachieve ito with max impact,..
I have done my layout pero it seems white space really isnt in my vocab..

love the colors you used on this --i see your new style emerging -- simplicity but with elegance,..

tnapay said...

mia, i love the simplicity of your layout. and the sweetness of the message. {i love the green too :-)}

Mia Castrillo said...

I'm so touched with everyone's sentiments! Sniff, sniff! Thank you so much for such kind words! :)

Anonymous said...

love your layout. so beautiful...

Donna Espiritu said...

hi mia! what else can i say?? super ganda nito, i wish i could make los like this, GANDA!!!

CraftFairy said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

ganda! basta, maganda...