Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pretty Face

Lee says, KAYA!

When I started scrapbooking, one of the very first things I hoarded were ribbons. And as expected, I never used them much. So thanks, Marj, for this challenge. I've often admired how you can make the perfect bow. I can't do that, so I cheated. I used a bow that was tied around a gift that was given me. Thank goodness it matched Sarah's dress. And so the ribbons that I bought and hoarded are still mostly left untouched.


Journaling:
This is your first crack at being a flower girl so I was very excited. It was Ate Erika's wedding in Tarlac. While you couldn't wait to put on the pretty gown, you absolutely refused to wear makeup and have your hair done with flowers. It was quite unexpected because you have always been a girly-girl. But still, nobody can deny your naturally pink lips, porcelain face, shiny hair and pretty eyes. You glowed as you walked down the aisle.

Materials Used:
PPS - My Mind's Eye, Making Memories; Ink - Clearsnap; Pen - Sakura; Foam stickers - All About Scrapbooking; Stickers - Pebbles, Inc.; Chipboards - Basic Grey; Thickers - American Crafts; Adhesive - Saunders, Glue Dots; Glitter - Martha Stewart; Ribbon - unknown; Tools - paper crimper.

About ME:
I am a SAHM, but contrary to popular belief, I cannot always scrap whenever I want to. So I just take what I can get. Thank goodness, I have very supportive family and friends who understand that when the itch to scrap comes, I have to scrap...I mean, scratch it. Know more about me at www.pinayscrapper.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Pretty girl indeed! I love the bright yellow colors! It highlights the picture even more.

Candy said...

Great LO, Lee!!! And I agree with Gracie. Pretty faces, esp. little girls', do not need muck (er... makeup) on their faces. Makeup only makes their faces look "too old" when their natural beauty is the reason why they were chosen as flower girls in the first place. I really believe, Sarah is perfect the way she is!

Nina said...

Lee, I love this layout of yours! As in! Yep, I agree with Candy. Your daughter is perfect the way she is! Sometimes wedding are an excuse for make-up artists to layer on the make-up when, if you think about it, little beautiful girls don't really need.

Ganda-ganda pa ng layering mo as well as the placement of the elements! Love the subtle colors too. Galing!

*hugs*
Nina

tnapay said...

yes indeed. simplicity is beauty. :-D

love the colors you used on your pretty layout. :)

Lee i. said...

thank you for your comments. medyo washed out ang colors cause it was raining when i took the photo. i agree with you all completely re makeup. until now they absolutely refuse to have "muck" put on their faces. :-)