Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pure Joy

Gracie says, KAYA!

I love this week's challenge! I had fun doing my LO especially the part where I had to paint my background. I also adore this cute picture of my little girl taken when she was just 2 months old. I've had it with me for some time now so this week's Kaya challenge was the perfect time to use it.


Journaling:
It's amazing how someone who's as little as you can bring so much joy to everyone especially to me & daddy. We love you little one!

Materials:
*Cardstock-American Crafts (white & sunflower)
*Patterned Paper, Heart Rub-Ons & Rainbow die cut-Crate Paper
*Journaling stamp-Maya Road, Title Stamp-Fancy Pants
*Pen-Marvy Uchida
*UHU glue
*Baby Pink & White Paint- Apple Barell Colors
*Foam Hearts-Creative Hands
*Misc- girl die cut, baby tab, staple wires

Techniques Used:
Painting, stamping (I used white paint to stamp on the title), Paper tearing & cutting, doodling

About ME:
I am Gracie Ann David- Tan & I just turned 26 last month. Ever since I gave birth to my first baby, I decided to be a SAHM. I also help with the family business while I'm not working & I'm planning to put up my own arts & crafts store here in Angeles soon. I love to scrap, alter stuff, create cards & invites & sometimes cook & bake too. You can learn more about me at my blog... http://dscrapyard.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, gracie! the paint action is so daring. but I love the effect it made on the concept of negative space :)

tnapay said...

hi gracie. :) i agree with bjay. painting your cardstock did it for the negative space. :) kagaling mu talaga.

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Thank you Bjay & Teena! At first I only painted half of it but then I took the risk and painted more! I guess I got carried away. LOL. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing but in the end I actually liked the outcome. :)

Chiqui said...

I might give this painting a try, ganda ng effect!

Donna Espiritu said...

hi gracie, wow! this one screams total cuteness! love the paint as background and the baby on the photo is so adorable!

Candy said...

Love the color and the LO, Gracie!!! Talagang "baby na baby!"

Lee i. said...

great idea to paint the background. gave texture to the negative space. and the color pink it's just perfect for that sweet baby picture.

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

nice take Gracie...