Sunday, November 23, 2008

missy and DREAM

Roxannee says, KAYA!

missy

Distressing is one of my favourite techniques. Almost every layout or card I make has some paper teared, inked or sanded. To be honest, I was way out of my comfort zone whilst making this project- I used pink (because the dress was pink), I tried vintage style, I had to make a poem about my feelings with wearing a dress and the hardest bit- scrapped my baby photo! Thanks Marj for this challenge, I had fun.


Journaling :
She didn't SMILE 'coz she hates the dress... They gave her a balloon 'coz she's in distress... Little MISSY you just turned 2, Will you be a girly GIRL we don't have a clue...

-rox 5th December 1978

Techniques :
sanding, tearing, inking, free hand cutting, eyelet setting, stamping, photo editing.


Materials used:

Core'dinations cardstock- aged wine and rouge; pearl & green card stock, patterned papers by Grant, stamps by Inque Boutique (french quarter alpha) and Fancy Pants, Cuttlebug build a flower embossing folders, flowers from Craft Market, EK success circle & flower punch, Heidi Grace flower punch, pearls, Tim Holtz walnut distress ink, Brilliance Rocket Red ink. Font used is Black Jack.


DREAM

After the guests have left for Easter lunch, we ran to the local park and chilled out. Ashton's just 14 months old and was playing in the sand pit. He liked the feel of the sand in his hand.


Journaling reads:
DREAM my PReCiOuS little one
Ashton Zacharry, 14 months Easter Sunday 23 March 2008

Techniques used:
tearing, inking, curling, layering, stamping

Materials used:
moss green and pearl white cardstock, patterned papers by Kaiser and unknown, chipboard words, autumn leaves bird stamp, pearls, bella & mulberry flowers, stamps by Stephanie Barnard, sky blue & lighting black brilliance dew drop ink, sugar loaf dual tip pen in vintage blue, white signo pen.

About ME:

Hi, I'm Roxannee, Little Miss Sunget 1978...until now I don't like wearing dresses and skirts. And those Sunday dresses- I think they were made to cause some itchiness!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pages Roxannee! Love the vintage feel of the first LO. The second one is very sweet! I love the photo.

marking said...

love your page with the matching poem

Donna Espiritu said...

love both pages! both sweet and cute!

CraftFairy said...

Pink for a well-dressed Missy! and I love the journaling tag that went well with the photo. Love the poem, too!
I simply adore the 2nd LO. You proved these techniques work so well with not just vintage pictures. TFS

Anonymous said...

love the poem a lot! fun story, rox :)

tnapay said...

cutie layout with rhyming journaling too. :) love both of your pages. :)