Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rose Garden

Marissa says, KAYA!

I love viewing distressed layouts but seeing that there is too much work and time involved, I decided it is not for me. This one gave me headaches!!! But I love you dearly, Marj. Despite the headaches I found this fun and satisfying. Mauulit kaya? I enjoyed it so kakayanin ko ulit.

Thanks, Marj!

This picture of DH and me was taken 2 months ago at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.




Journaling:



Supplies:


background paper, mat and cut out flowers [the Paper Studio/Della Fantasia collection]; brown patterned cardstock [DCWV/Butterflies and Blooms]; pink & dark pink bling [Rhinestone Stickers]; inks [Color Box/pigment copper and chestnut roan fluid chalk]; silk flowers [Michael's]; foam squares [Miss Elizabeth]; journaling tag [Making Memories /{Note} Worthy];



Techniques:


Cutting, crumpling, curling, distressing, and inking edges.



About Me

I like convenience in making layouts. Digital scrapbooking gives me that. I can make a lot in one sitting, not to mention that I have no storage problems and I can bring copies with me wherever I go to show off.


I love creating with my hands, thus I also make traditional layouts. Will anyone now tell me how to store these bulky pages?


Thanks for looking.


7 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

The headache must be worth it coz your LO turned out really nice! :)

Candy said...

I agree with Gracie, Marissa! Your distressing techniques were just what made your LO even more stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! Ang daming techniques sa LO na ito! I love the photo mat and the handcut swirls. Galing!

marking said...

Love this! It's distressed but the cutting makes it look elegant

Donna Espiritu said...

i agree, love the other techniques in here! really pretty lo!

Roxannee said...

Hi craft Fairy, I like the flourishes you've used bagay na bagay, and the lighting effect on the Lo's photo very dramatic.

Anonymous said...

wow, love this LO! ganda ng overall effect :)