Sunday, November 16, 2008

Own Path

Candy says, KAYA!

I had this photo of Galo for quite a while but I didn't know what to do with it. Thanks, Marj, you just gave me the best way to do it with your negative space challenge.


Journaling:
Galo learned to be independent early. He has his own ideas of what he wants and who he wants to be. He has his own path to take.

Materials:
BG Aged & Confused Vagabond Green bean, MME Tres Jolie Ooh La La Unique Card, SR Chipboard Plain Butterflies, Carolina's lace, ProvoCraft Alphaletterz Brush Seaside Express, Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Weathered Wood, Whispers Embossing Powder Blue, Puff Ups Puff White Translucent, misc. crystal glitter, Tsukineko Walnut Ink, VersaMark Watermark, Pigma Micron 03. Stamp used: Stampin' Up En Francais.

Techniques:
handwritten journal, ageing photo through LightRoom, crackle paint, stamping and layering embossing powder and puff powder, inking, rubbing with walnut ink.

About ME:
I love making LOs of my son and of my ancestors. I am very comfortable with the vintage look but love experimenting with bright colors, esp. earth and nature colors, whenever possible. Scrapbooking is a passion and an expression of my soul and of my life. You can check out my work at http://eyecandyscrap.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

Candy said...

Sorry, forgot the journal. It reads: Galo learned to be independent early. He has his own ideas of what he wants and who he wants to be. He has his own path to take.

marking said...

Hi Candy, great take on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

galing, candy! vintage pa din pero very fresh :)

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

this is so nice candy! love your style!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page, Candy! I especially love the stamping detail. :)

Gracie Ann Tan said...

This page is so you. Kahit ata hindi ilagay na ikaw ang gumawa we'll know it's made by you. It's really nice. I love the PPs you used.