Thursday, November 13, 2008

Remember

Marian says, Kaya!

This is a photo of my mom and dad in the 80's. My dad passed away in 1988 and my mom in 2000. I plan to make an ancestors/relatives album for Sophia and will probably use the same picture for the album. My dad was a professor in UP. I am quite sure I got my love for the arts from him. If we had a party, it was he who prettied up the house. He could make beautiful flower/plant arrangements from things found in the garden. He did Ikebana too. At Christmas time he would make our Belen from pieces of wood, rocks, and assorted fabrics.Sometimes he would make "stained glass" Belen from plywood and colored cellophane. He could draw and paint. My mom worked part time for her side of the family. Among her many duties, the part she loved the most was buying whatever the family needed or whatever her sisters needed. So she did the groceries, marketing, fabrics for clothing, furniture, upholstery etc. It was an art in itself as she could bargain very well to get a good price for anything she bought. Once in fact she was able to make "tawad" in Macy's in America. (That's another story). I think I got the lover for shopping from her though I don't think I bargain as well as she does.



Journalling: You were hard working frugal parents. Because of this, we were able to enjoy an easy life. For this I am ...eternally grateful.Mommy & Daddy circa 1980's

Materials: Paper Dream Street Antique Chic, Marvy butterfly punch, WRMK butterfly rubon, Stampin Up Butterfly stamp, white Staz On, Bic Marks It Permanent markers, Prima crystals, MM bling,flowers AAS, Melissa Frances tag, Collage Press letter stickers, Uniball Signo white marker, EK chalk.

Techniques:Some cutting of the flower pattern to put part of the photo behind it. I stamped the butterfly on a transparency with white Staz On then colored with permanent markers. Rubbed some yellow chalk on the white journalling, white rub on and tag to age them a bit.

About ME:
I love arts and crafts especially scrapping, stamping, card making and taking photos. My favorite subjects are my daughters and granddaughter. I have been scrapping for more than 3 years but I believe there is still so much to learn. I like to try new techniques and get so excited when I see the finished product. You can see some of my layouts here http://sentimentalmarian.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Gracie Ann Tan said...

That's a very nice LO. I'm sure your mom & dad are smiling down from heaven as they see you making your LO. I am planning to make an ancestry album too. I hope I could put that plan to action though.

Chiqui said...

Your parents' pic is so beautiful! Bagay na bagay ang "white space."

Donna Espiritu said...

oh wow ms marian! super lovely layout! simply elegant, that's your style and i love it!

Candy said...

Love how you were able to bring out previous photos to life in this LO!!! This is really worth remembering for generations to come!!!

Lee i. said...

i love this, specially that multi-colored butterfly, is that a stamp? beautiful LO.

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

I love this one Tita Marian...