Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful

Ching says, KAYA!

Home, thousands of miles away from home! This photo was taken way back in 1994. From Fiji Island to North America, and then, back to my home where I was born. This is one of the many things I am thankful for. I'm home safe to be with my family and friends through out the holidays.


Journaling:
It's time to give THANKS!...I cry tears of joy, I am happily at home.

Materials Used:
Me&My Big Ideas specialty papers and die-cut letters, DCWV pattern paper, Color Box pigment stamp pad primary ink, Fiskars embossing stencil, Fiber and silk ribbon, The Paper Company vellum, ProvoCraft decorative scissors, Scotch liquid glue, Foam glue, Computer journaling.

Process:
Adhere the designed paper on the base printed paper. Adhere 5" x 7" photo. make a bow ribbon, then tie the fiber on the center and adhere on the upper right side of the photo. Adhere the die-cut letter title, "THANKFUL on the upper left hand side of the designed paper. Adhere the handmade four fall leaves on the left side of the photo. Finally, adhered the vellum with journaling.

Handmade Fall leaves:
I designed and cut the four different sizes of fall leaves using orange pattern paper. Trimmed the edges with Provo Craft decorative scissors, scored veins on the back side of each leaf, using the embossing stencil, then, on the front side, gently tapped the pigment stamp ink to highlight the embossed fall leaves.

About ME:
My name is Ching, a SAHM to a 16 year old son, married to a wonderful man. We live on the southeast coast of USA. I started scrapbooking in 2004, but like most, I have more supplies
than pages, done. I eagerly begun scrapping again when I joined the PinoySrapbookers group on January 2008 and quickly did some albums of layouts for my family. I love to make double layouts with 2 to 4 photos each.

3 comments:

Lee i. said...

Ching, love the colors of your LO and how eveything go well together. Thanks for sharing how you made the leaves. I thought they were pre-made diecuts.

Anonymous said...

galing mo talaga sa mga ganito :) and love the warm, muted colors too!

Gracie Ann Tan said...

I love the fall theme you used for this LO. Nice work Ms. Ching!